[SOLVED] New PC constant game crashes and computer crashes with graphical visuals 3070

Oct 14, 2021
Hi all,

I have exhausted anything else, and before going into a computer store I thought I'd try my luck here.

I bought a new PC, all new components (except for old SSD).

Ever since getting it all my games crash, at random times, and PC completely crashes at times too.

I jusdt purchased new world and its crashed about 4 times in the span of like an hour. I can't deal anymore.

I have a Geforce RTX 3070 and i7 11700k, ASUS B560-A gaming WIFI motherboard, H1OOI corsair liquid cooling, 2 8GB vengence RAM.

Sometimes when the PC completely crashes it freezes, and the screen goes black except for highlighting some images in red.
My temperatures seem okay, except one on the motherboard reads 85 degrees, which is super high, but I dont know what that is, and suspect its just an error because nothing physically feels hot, and it reads that the moment I start up the PC.

The place I bought everything at sent me a faulty PC monitor I had to return, so I wouldnt be surprised if another component was also sent faulty...,

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am at my wits end :'(

Solution
Sorry, I'm not good with any of this so I didn't know.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47050014
You need to close every other program or application that you have beside the userbenchmark because I see a lot of ram and CPU being used.

I can also see two confusing things. The ram being 2,1GHz and 3,2 GHz. Please make sure you have the ram in the correct slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 as your motherboard manual suggests and you have enabled the XMP profile.

The CPU does not boost as much as it can so that's either from the ram or from possible thermal throttling. More probable the ram.
What power supply do you have?

The motherboard temps is most likely the VRM reading, use HW info64 to get exactly what is hot and not.... VRM's, Chipset etc.

New World seems to be a crashaholic title at the moment and I have steered clear of it myself.

Oct 14, 2021
Make and model of your PSU?

Run a userbenchmark and post the link to the results here

PSU is Corsair 850W RM850X gold

Ok so I downloaded user benchmark, and all looks good from what I can see...

UserBenchmarks: Game 149%, Desk 104%, Work 147%
CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K - 103.4%
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 - 146.9%
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB - 81.1%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) - 119.8%
RAM: Corsair CMH16GX4M2E3200C16 2x8GB - 75.3%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX B560-A GAMING WIFI

Oct 14, 2021

The motherboard temps is most likely the VRM reading, use HW info64 to get exactly what is hot and not.... VRM's, Chipset etc.

New World seems to be a crashaholic title at the moment and I have steered clear of it myself.

I downloaded winfo but theres a lot going on here haha.

Oct 14, 2021

Shame I cant post pictures, but there is a 'temp2' which has avg of 85c, which is very very weird., No idea what temp2 is though. All other temperatures are good

Sorry, I'm not good with any of this so I didn't know.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47050014
You need to close every other program or application that you have beside the userbenchmark because I see a lot of ram and CPU being used.

I can also see two confusing things. The ram being 2,1GHz and 3,2 GHz. Please make sure you have the ram in the correct slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 as your motherboard manual suggests and you have enabled the XMP profile.

The CPU does not boost as much as it can so that's either from the ram or from possible thermal throttling. More probable the ram.

Solution