Metarp

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
Hey everyone!

My PC doens't boot for some reason. The power switch turns it on, every fan works, everything lights up, but nothing on the screen, and the power switch and reset buttons don't do anything (even after long pressing). I have to turn off the psu to turn it off, but I can turn it back on again .
I just put in a new mobo and cpu, have I messed something up maybe?

Mobo: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
CPU: Ryzen 3600
PSU: Cooler Master B600 (that's 3-4 years old)
GPU: GTX 1070

Metarp

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
Did you update the BIOS? Gigabyte website says you need at least version F40 for that CPU to work.

I know, but it has the "Ryzen 3000 desktop ready" logo on it, which should mean that I don't have to according to a little paper in the cpu's box. (and I can't update the bios since I don't have an earlier ryzen cpu)

Metarp

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
Did you buy it in a store? Maybe you can take it back and have them test it?

Also, did you buy new RAM for it? Either way, is the RAM on your motherboard's QVL?
I will take it back on tuesday, if there is surely a problem with it, but until then I'd like to know if there's something I can try. I checked the QVL, and the RAM is on it, so it should be fine (but thanks, I've never heard of that before). The Ram is a G.Skill aegis 16gb btw.

Have you tried getting into BIOS when you turn it on? Typically, you have to hit the delete button repeatedly after you push the power switch.

Do you have 2 - 8gb sticks of RAM or 1 - 16gb stick? If you have 2 sticks, try one at a time to see if one works.

Did you connect your case wires to the motherboard front panel connectors correctly? There should be separate wires/connectors for the Power button and the Reset button.

Metarp

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
Have you tried getting into BIOS when you turn it on? Typically, you have to hit the delete button repeatedly after you push the power switch.

Do you have 2 - 8gb sticks of RAM or 1 - 16gb stick? If you have 2 sticks, try one at a time to see if one works.

Did you connect your case wires to the motherboard front panel connectors correctly? There should be separate wires/connectors for the Power button and the Reset button.

Nothing appears on the screen at all, like it's not plugged in. So either I can't see the bios, or it doesn't even boot it. I tried 2 different monitors and both the gpu and the motherboards hdmi port, but it's the same. The GPU does light up though, and it's not that old so I hope that's not the problem. I might be able to try a different one today.

Only 1 16 gb RAM stick, but I can try putting them into different slots. I'll report on that.

I checked 2-3 times, and I think I connected the front panel correctly, I don't see any other way there. The problem there is that the GPU does push on all of the connectors on the bottom from the side, so they barely fit.