nkseal

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Ok so I just put together my new i5 2500k build...my ati 6870 would not work in my first pci express slot, so i tried it in the second slot and now it works...but its showing up as a standard vga graphics adapter...I installed the latest ati catalyst drivers and thats not fixing it....any help here would be appreciated...my motherboard is the Asrock z68 extreme3 gen3. Would flashing the bios possibley fix my pci express slot issue? I am going to be going crossfire soon so i need them to both work...

nkseal

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Ok so i finally got it to display as a 6870, and i will try the other PCI express slot, but im not sure if its going to work. any suggestions will be most helpful thank you

tomskent

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Make sure the card is seated properly in the slot and that the power connecters are securely attached.

You may need to access your bios to select the appropriate slot to be the initial video display (PEG)

nkseal

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
I have it set to PCI-express in the bios, and its working in the 2nd PCI express slot, im going to attempt and try the other slot again now that the drivers are properly working.

nkseal

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
anyone with advice on how to fix my issue? Pci express slot isnt working...the 2nd slot does work...so the card isnt bad. I have flashed the bios and reseated the card several times...the card turns on but i dont get any display :/. Asrock z68 extreme3 gen3 motherboard.