Apr 13, 2021
Hi! I technically have two questions...

1. My computer makes a constant "spinning disk writing noise" like really rapid clicking, it increases and decreases a little seemingly without a pattern. I'm essentially trying to make my PC less noisy.
  2. After the computer has been off for a while, it is really loud when booting up. The CPU fan is like full speed going crazy, until the computer just shuts off a few minutes later of use. However, after that initial shut down, the fan is calm on reboot and works fine for the remainder of the day, until the computer is turned off for a prolonged time again.
My computer specs are...

Z3UFVZC.png

This is resource monitor of my disk, while the PC is making what sounds like disk writing noises:

y0Pz2Mb.png

I don't know what else to link or share, this is as far as I got on trying to figure things out on my own. I'm actually rather noobie with computer hardware other than like the basics, but I'm ready to provide what ever else upon request. Thank you ^^

Apr 13, 2021
No, I'm not saying it's necessarily the m2 ssd, I'm just trying to explain what it sounds like. It's almost certainly not the ssd, but... The noises my computer makes sounds like a spinning disk that is really busy.

Apr 13, 2021
And the fan is blowing like really hard, with no reason to do so. Like, just having firefox open right now and the computer is more loud than my old PC was while playing Playerunknown's Battlegrounds.

Find out, which fan is causing the sound
cpu cooler radiator fans,​
case fans,​
graphics card fans,​
psu fan.​
You can try stopping a fan with your finger and check, if sound stops. Touch fan in the middle.
Be careful. Don't cut your fingers. Don't touch fan blades.

Case fans/radiator fans - you can just disconnect from motherboard (for sound test purposes).

Apr 13, 2021
I found that it's the "rear fan" of the two fans of the CM 240L cooler that is noisy. Pressing my finger on its center while it was on made the sounds stop, and remained better afterwards too. I expect it to return after a while but we'll see. Now only my other issue remains, which is the max fan speed on boot after a night's sleep, then the computer crashes 2-4 minutes later, then is stable for the rest of the day after the reboot.

I'm considering to just replace the cooler though. Do you guys think replacing a CoolerMaster 240L with Kraken Z73 would be worth it? Both for cooling, and to get rid of the noise issue?