[SOLVED] New PC Overheating?

dsc123456

Reputable
Jul 13, 2018
Hi!

I recently bought this PC: Link

I have been keeping an eye on the temps and the CPU seems to be running hot but I am not firmiliar with PC temps so any advice whether the CPU is overheating would be of great use!
I have been playing a few games to test it and these are the results:
(Temps are degrees celcius)

Idle
CPU: 40 - 42
GPU: 31

Subnautica Below Zero
CPU: 82 - 86
GPU: 54 - 59

Sea of Thieves
CPU: 78 - 90
GPU: 44 - 48

Battlefield V
CPU: 83 - 91
GPU: 43 - 45

If anyone could help with whether I need to send the PC back it would be much appreciated.

Dean (y)

Solution
Looks okayish, a bit on the higher side maybe. But with prebuilds you cannot expect any better with the quality of cooling they give you. Not sure if sending back with help unless you spend on better cooling through manufacturer, as improving yourself can void warranty.
Looks okayish, a bit on the higher side maybe. But with prebuilds you cannot expect any better with the quality of cooling they give you. Not sure if sending back with help unless you spend on better cooling through manufacturer, as improving yourself can void warranty.

Solution

dsc123456

Reputable
Jul 13, 2018

Thank you for the reply!

If I keep the PC for now, will the CPU not get affected by the constant high temps of 80 - 90?

If it does then I will try and contact the manufacturer for a better cooling solution.

Thank you for the reply!

If I keep the PC for now, will the CPU not get affected by the constant high temps of 80 - 90?

If it does then I will try and contact the manufacturer for a better cooling solution.
CPUs are designed to throttle and shut down when it reaches the threshold of max operating temp. 90c is acceptable with hardcore gaming but if it breaches that mark consistently you should think of better cooling.

Reactions: dsc123456

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Hi!

I recently bought this PC: Link

I have been keeping an eye on the temps and the CPU seems to be running hot but I am not firmiliar with PC temps so any advice whether the CPU is overheating would be of great use!
I have been playing a few games to test it and these are the results:
(Temps are degrees celcius)

Idle
CPU: 40 - 42
GPU: 31

Subnautica Below Zero
CPU: 82 - 86
GPU: 54 - 59

Sea of Thieves
CPU: 78 - 90
GPU: 44 - 48

Battlefield V
CPU: 83 - 91
GPU: 43 - 45

If anyone could help with whether I need to send the PC back it would be much appreciated.

Dean (y)
GPU seems to have absolutely normal / almost excellent temps. FOr the CPU, what cooler are you using?