Oct 23, 2021
I built my first pc 2 weeks ago and the build was going fine everything plugged in powers on but then, i get no display and no post. I bought a little mobo speaker to find out the beep codes for trouble shooting and didnt get any, i feel like i’ve tried everything, so i hope you guys can help.

specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte b450m ds3h
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 1600af
RAM: corsair vengeance lpx 2x8 gb 3200 cl16, And ive tried: corsair lpx 1x4gb 2400mhz
Psu: corsair RM550X
Gpu: msi gaming 4g gtx 970

i’ve tried:
Reseating ram
Slower ran
Motherboard got sent in for rma but it was working fine
Clearing cmos
Eeplaced psu
Checked monitor with laptop, worked fine
Swapped out my gpu for an older ati x600 which i know works
Tried the ports on mobo for signal but there are no integrated graphics so that didnt work
Bought another mobo speaker for beep codes
Different cables

i hope you guys can help me before i send my cpu in for rma, but i am beginning to be quite hopeless as my cpu doesnt have bent pins so it would be quite rare if it doesnt work.

thanks in advance,
NoodlemanD

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Not bad for a budget pc. :)

You rechecked all cables? Make sure even frontpanel connectors are in the right place.

Did you breadboard? Use motherboard/cpu/one stick of ram (second slot from the cpu out)/gpu put these assembled onto a non conductive surface, see if you can get into the bios, short the two pins on the motherboard that will start the pc with a screwdriver to see if they work like that.

Oct 23, 2021
Not bad for a budget pc. :)

You rechecked all cables? Make sure even frontpanel connectors are in the right place.

Did you breadboard? Use motherboard/cpu/one stick of ram (second slot from the cpu out)/gpu put these assembled onto a non conductive surface, see if you can get into the bios, short the two pins on the motherboard that will start the pc with a screwdriver to see if they work like that.
Thanks for replying,

well i did check all the cables a million times, and i did breadboard, but i didnt get any beep codes, even when i tried to start it without ram i didnt get any it was just pure silence and spinning cpu and gpu fans and nothing really happend, but the thing is: my monitor leaves sleep mode as soon as i plug in the hdmi cable or whatever cable but no display
I know my motherboard works and can indeed get into the bios since i sent it to rma and they were able to get into the bios and even install and use windows. But I cant get it to work…

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021
Did you use an old install of windows or did you do a totally fresh install?
I don't know what they used when I sent my mobo in for RMA, but I guess a fresh install. They were able to post with the exact same CPU, GPU, and ram. But when I try to post at home, my fans do spin but nothing happens (GPU and CPU fan, when it was in my case the case fans were on as well) they told me my mobo is fine so I guess its a dead CPU?
(Oh and I see u are from the Netherlands, if so please let me know because I am as well, and it would make it a bit easier to explain, if u can speak dutch of course.)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry, no dutch here, is an international forum so english only. Even if their ram booted might your cpu plus the ram you chose not really work well together. With Corsair LPX can it be finicky when it comes to that.
Is the shop close to you? Maybe they can look for a small fee. Take your cpu there.
The small speaker not giving a signal might be a bios/uefi setting so wouldn't say that is an indication of cpu being a problem.

Oct 23, 2021
Sorry, no dutch here, is an international forum so english only. Even if their ram booted might your cpu plus the ram you chose not really work well together. With Corsair LPX can it be finicky when it comes to that.
Is the shop close to you? Maybe they can look for a small fee. Take your cpu there.
The small speaker not giving a signal might be a bios/uefi setting so wouldn't say that is an indication of cpu being a problem.
I will check for a shop in my area somewhere this week, and otherwise i will trade my ram with some from the qualified vendor list.