[SOLVED] New PC stuck at "Starting Windows"

Apr 25, 2021
I just updated most of the components of my PC, excluding the hard drive and power supply. The hard drive has been used for over a year in my previous PC and has Windows 7 installed on it. When I boot it, it's stuck at the "Starting Windows" screen. It also gets stuck at "Loading Windows files" when booting in safe mode. Here's the list of parts I'm using

MSI Z490-A PRO

Intel i7-10700K

Asus GeForce GTX 1650

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x16 GB

Samsung Evo 860 SSDR

Rosewill Hive 550

Solution
I just updated most of the components of my PC, excluding the hard drive and power supply. The hard drive has been used for over a year in my previous PC and has Windows 7 installed on it. When I boot it, it's stuck at the "Starting Windows" screen. It also gets stuck at "Loading Windows files" when booting in safe mode. Here's the list of parts I'm using

MSI Z490-A PRO

Intel i7-10700K

Asus GeForce GTX 1650

Samsung Evo 860 SSDR

Rosewill Hive 550
With all new parts, you'll need to do a full OS reinstall.
Especially with Win 7.

A Windows install is not modular. You can't just move it between systems.
When presented with all new parts, it often fails. With Win 7, often turns into "usually".

USAFRet

Titan

MSI Z490-A PRO

Intel i7-10700K

Asus GeForce GTX 1650

Samsung Evo 860 SSDR

Rosewill Hive 550
With all new parts, you'll need to do a full OS reinstall.
Especially with Win 7.

A Windows install is not modular. You can't just move it between systems.
When presented with all new parts, it often fails. With Win 7, often turns into "usually".

Solution