New PC unable to boot

Aug 25, 2018
I recently ordered parts online to build my own gaming computer. A part list is at the bottom of this post. After receiving the parts I completely forgot that my BIOS was not up to date to support my processor. I sent back the motherboard so they could do a BIOS-update for me. The update was successful. I assembled all the parts into my case and to my surprise the system didn’t boot/go into the BIOS when I powered on the computer. All fans run, the LEDs on the ramsticks turn on, everything runs. I just didn’t get a signal on my monitor. I tried reseating all the cables, checking if everything was connected properly (to both the PSU and the motherboard), tried booting with 1 ramstick in all different slots available, removed the GPU, still no signal. I did notice that after the BIOS update was done, I would get a red light beneath the GPU on the motherboard. As far as I know, I should be able to boot without the GPU and get into the BIOS, right? The whole point here is to install windows from a flash drive but I am unable to do so. Any suggestions?

Part list
Motherboard: MSI B350 Krait Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB - 2x8GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100X
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX - GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB
HDD: Seagate FireCuda 2 TB
PSU: Corsair TX850M V2 - 850W

armaos.dk

Proper
Aug 19, 2018
Hey, sorry if I'm late...

As the other guy said earlier, if your motherboard has graphics on it you can plug the monitor cable directly to it, if not a graphics card unit is necessary sadly :/

I hope you find a way to work around it, best of luck to you :)