Question New PC, VGA light on and power trips

Dec 17, 2022
Just built a new PC, but the VGA light is on from the get go.

Keeping it on for anywhere between 1-5mins causes a power trip in my house. The only other thing connected to the same outlet is my monitor.

My PSU also came with 1 missing PCIe cable so currently to power my GPU that requires 3 cables I'm using Y (6+2) pins, 1 cable with both ends connected and another cable standalone (Y not used)

Build:

CPU: i5-12600k
GPU: RTX 3080 GAMING TRIO X LHR 10GB
Mobo: B660 Aorus Master DDR4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600hz (32gb)
PSU: Corsair Rm850
AIO: NZXT Kraken Z63
Case: Hyte Y60

Sounds like maybe the card isn't fully or correctly seated. I'd pull the graphics card completely out, connect your display to the motherboard video output (Assuming this is not where you already have it connected, in which case, move it to one of the outputs on the graphics card) and see if everything works with no graphics card installed.

Dec 17, 2022
Sounds like maybe the card isn't fully or correctly seated. I'd pull the graphics card completely out, connect your display to the motherboard video output (Assuming this is not where you already have it connected, in which case, move it to one of the outputs on the graphics card) and see if everything works with no graphics card installed.

So i've just tested that out, it boots to the BIOS now. But now theres a new problem: my SSD isn't being detected.

I have a Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Just built a new PC, but the VGA light is on from the get go.

Keeping it on for anywhere between 1-5mins causes a power trip in my house. The only other thing connected to the same outlet is my monitor.

My PSU also came with 1 missing PCIe cable so currently to power my GPU that requires 3 cables I'm using Y (6+2) pins, 1 cable with both ends connected and another cable standalone (Y not used)

Build:

CPU: i5-12600k
GPU: RTX 3080 GAMING TRIO X LHR 10GB
Mobo: B660 Aorus Master DDR4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600hz (32gb)
PSU: Corsair Rm850
AIO: NZXT Kraken Z63
Case: Hyte Y60
The PC is tripping your breaker?

Dec 17, 2022
It may not show up in the BIOS until after you've run the Windows installer. Have you tried installing Windows to see if the drive shows up in the target drive options?

Yeah i had already tried to install Windows.

But i've managed to fix any issues i had. Completely dismantled my build and rebuilt it again, now its running just fine! But it can't seem to detect my Seagate Barracude 2TB HDD that I have connected to a multi-SATA cable that came with my PSU so i'll be troubleshooting that tomorrow