Question New potencial GPU rtx 4070 on B 450 motherboard

cronos8787

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018
Hello,

I updated bios on my MSI B450 tomahawk (non MAX) and replaced my old cpu ryzen 5 2600 to ryzen 5 5600. PSU is Corsair CX650.
Added 32GB ram and everything works fine.

Now, I am planning to buy RTX 4070 to replace my current gtx1060, firstly I wanted rtx 4060 but when I read about PCIexpres 3.0 limitation and 8gb ram, I decided that I want something that will serve me more years to come cause I have fullhd monitor.

I read that some users had problem that when they put rtx 4.... gpu, they have no signal.

Is this problem common, should I fear of this? Rtx 4070 uses 8 pin connector, I have 6 pin connector with 2 pin connector beside it.

I dont want to spend that amount of money if the monitor will not have signal after putting new GPU.

Thanks in advance for help

Last edited:
I read that some users had problem that when they put rtx 4.... gpu, they have no signal.

Is this problem common, should I fear of this? Rtx 4070 uses 8 pin connector, I have 6 pin connector with 2 pin connector beside it.

I dont want to spend that amount of money and then monitor will not have signal.

Thanks in advance for help

This is not a common problem, it all just depends on context. Where are you reading this?

I don't think you will have a problem. The PSU has the required plug (the 6+2 connector you're referring to) and the PSU is of sufficient wattage and the make/model is good enough.

Reactions: cronos8787

cronos8787

Reputable
Nov 3, 2018
This is not a common problem, it all just depends on context. Where are you reading this?

I don't think you will have a problem. The PSU has the required plug (the 6+2 connector you're referring to) and the PSU is of sufficient wattage and the make/model is good enough.
Thanks for reply, I just wrote on google something like: b450 mobo with rtx 4070 (and no signal).
I know that PCI express slot is the most important - it should be like always - put new GPU and it works but after reading those articles I am little nervous :)

for example, here is one link about this:

TRENDING THREADS