[SOLVED] New prebuilt AIO making noise

Pookie_yeboi

Prominent
May 18, 2021
I just got a new prebuilt(Skytech 3.0)
everything about it is amazing but the AIO is making some noise.
about every 30-50 seconds it will make a noise like there is air trapped inside
Its no constant but it is there every once in a while. It bugs me but not enough for me to get a new one
I still have the warranty should I try and get it replaced?

Another question I setup all my games already will they replace the entire system or send me the new part

The sound:
Like a small drop of water being dropped onto a piece of metal from pretty close.
it also makes noise when I shake the pc

Solution
See, what you described in the first post is what inevitably happens to front mounted AIOs after a few years or so, specifically with the inlet and outlet aimed towards the top.
Over time, the fluid volume decreases and air volume increases. The air pools at the inlet side of the radiator, and that causes the dripping or running water noises you hear.
Flipping the radiator so the inlet + outlet are towards the bottom, or top mounting it get around that problem.

Shouldn't happen so soon - you may just be eligible to return the cooler for a replacement, though it's up to the folks who sold you the PC though.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
See, what you described in the first post is what inevitably happens to front mounted AIOs after a few years or so, specifically with the inlet and outlet aimed towards the top.
Over time, the fluid volume decreases and air volume increases. The air pools at the inlet side of the radiator, and that causes the dripping or running water noises you hear.
Flipping the radiator so the inlet + outlet are towards the bottom, or top mounting it get around that problem.

Shouldn't happen so soon - you may just be eligible to return the cooler for a replacement, though it's up to the folks who sold you the PC though.

Solution

Pookie_yeboi

Prominent
May 18, 2021

It was my parents that got me the pc. I will probably top mount the radiator. I have already installed a 3.6tb raid1 array so I believe the warranty is void