• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

New Processor problems

Strigoi

Honorable
May 16, 2012
I'm in the process of updating my computer

I'm building off of a computer I bought a couple years ago just trying to get a couple parts that are compatible.

Before addition I'm using the Compaq CQ5205y model.

I don't need anything super fancy so I just want to upgrade the Video card and CPU.

I started with the PSU because i knew that the 250w base one was too small i bumped up to 750w which is probably overkill.

i upgraded the video card to the Nvidia GTX 550Ti. This upgrade is functioning perfectly as intended.

I am trying to upgrade the CPU now. I have a Phenom IIx4 960 CPU but when I install it none of the peripherals (mouse keyboard etc) power up and the Monitor displays nothing. I have checked several websites and it says that my motherboard supports this CPU upgrade. I am not sure how to proceed from here.

I have also searched for a BIOS upgrade for the mother board and there doesn't appear to be one. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.