New PSU electrical buzzing

lucdlm

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
New PSU makes a loud electrical buzzing sound as soon as I power up. It continues buzzing until I shutdown. The buzzing stops dead on when all the lights go off. Tried both through the surge protector and straight to the mains. Didn't have a problem with my old PC
Any ideas?

Solution
Sounds like when its cold the PCB wiring is getting short. Once warm the wiring expands to stop the buzzing. It will keep getting warm and cold until it snaps. You can keep using it but you should find a backup. Its hard to beat the price on the S12II right now as its on a great deal. It was $55 last week so they cut the price $10 plus put a $15 rebate in the mix.

lucdlm

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Ok, so I've left it over night and the buzzing has just gone away... Didn't change anything... No idea why. Should I just leave it?
Now since writing this the buzzing has slightly come back but much quieter. Its sort of coming and going. PC has been on for about 15 mins.

Sounds like when its cold the PCB wiring is getting short. Once warm the wiring expands to stop the buzzing. It will keep getting warm and cold until it snaps. You can keep using it but you should find a backup. Its hard to beat the price on the S12II right now as its on a great deal. It was $55 last week so they cut the price $10 plus put a $15 rebate in the mix.

Solution

lucdlm

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017

Im not sure just buying a new one will solve the issue. After reading many other forums, it would seem others have gone through 2-3 and still had the same issue.