[SOLVED] New psu setup wrong fried motherboard

Mar 25, 2021
So I accidentally plugged my PSU incorrectly I did not have half of the motherboard connecters into it and now my motherboard has no USB power and the GPU doesn’t get a signal.
So I’m guessing i fried my motherboard
But I’m wondering if the ram and cpu also got damaged

Mar 25, 2021
Basically i only had half of the mother board cables that go to the psu plugged in like for me there is 18 pin and a 10 pin labeled mother board and i forgot the 10 pin
When i turned the pc on it started turning on and off over and over very quickly
And now my mobo has no usb power and gpu no signal

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Basically i only had half of the mother board cables that go to the psu plugged in like for me there is 18 pin and a 10 pin labeled mother board and i forgot the 10 pin
When i turned the pc on it started turning on and off over and over very quickly
And now my mobo has no usb power and gpu no signal

There's no standard 18-pin or 10-pin CPU or motherboard connector. You're going to have to be a lot more specific.

Mar 25, 2021
There's no standard 18-pin or 10-pin CPU or motherboard connector. You're going to have to be a lot more specific.
https://www.msi.com/Power-Supply/MPG-A750GF
I have this powersupply i just got it,
When setting it up i didnt have the bottom connector labeled motherboard plugged in
Only the top large one
When my pc turned on it turned on and off and on and off over and over very quickly a few times before i unplugged it, when i fixed the issue
The mother board now has no usb power and there is no signal to my graphics card.
Im guessing i have damaged the mother board but
I am wondering did i do serious damage to my gpu cpu ram or the power supply itself?
Now that the cable is plugged in properly everything else seems to be normal
And the gpu and all the lights and fans light up as they should.
No signal or usb tho
I have tried the other power supply that worked before and same thing
And i have swapped the ram around and tried only one stick to no avail

Last edited:
What is the make/model of your motherboard?
That psu uses a standard 24 pin connector to the motherboard and perhaps optionally one or two 12v eps cpu motherboard connectors.
No damage should have happened if you forgot a connector.
But, much damage is possible if you used the wrong connectors or forced a connection.

Mar 25, 2021
What is the make/model of your motherboard?
That psu uses a standard 24 pin connector to the motherboard and perhaps optionally one or two 12v eps cpu motherboard connectors.
No damage should have happened if you forgot a connector.
But, much damage is possible if you used the wrong connectors or forced a connection.
This is my motherboard
I never put anything where it shouldnt
I had the 8 pin cpu to the cpu part
And the 24 pin in as it should
I just forgot a connection on the psu side and now it seems fried