Question new psu upgrade and now computer is constantly randomly freezing

jordank_boro

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
hey guys, im going a bit nutty here and need some help hahaha. im not new to building pcs but in no means am i a pro. but i have a build i've owned for around 7 years. it still hauls ass but im slowly buying seperate upgrades. first one was a psu so i could crossfire the graphics card. i upgraded to a brand new seasonic 850w from newegg. when it came in so did my card and i swapped out the older card (same cards) for the newer one and then swapped the psu and switched cases. in this process i unhooked and disconnected everything but the cpu. i took out the ram and the cpu heatsink and the gcard and unplugged everything. so i essentiall rebuilt this pc again for fun. but now it freezes randomly. complete lock up freezing, not even caps locks works. and it's completely random. sometimes i can be on it for hours. sometimes 5 min. i cant figure out what is going wrong. i've spent three days doing software fixes and nothing has worked. i swapped back to my old graphics card to see if the new card i got may be broken. but im pretty sure it froze last night again with the old card too. this morning i swapped the ram positions and blowing out the connectors. so far so good. but im wondering if anyone has had this happen and if it could possibly be my new components, like the psu. im pretty sure it wasnt the card since it froze last night again while i was asleep. the reason i dont know for sure is the old card has a shitty hdmi connection so it could've slipped out and i assumed it froze and reset it before remember to try to unplug and plug back in the hdmi.

specs
850w seasonic psu
asus f2a85-m
16gb ram (4 sticks 2 different kinds that are compatable)
2 500gb hdd harddrives
msi hd 7970 graphics card(new one is r9 280x, same card just a new branding)

jordank_boro

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151188&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

heres the psu i just bought as well. i dont think it's the psu though because the sustem seems to run fine for even up to 4 hours or more but randomly it just freezes. alright guys thanks =)