[SOLVED] New rig, new problems

sworga

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2014
so i recently upgraded my rig to :
Ryzen 7 5800x
B550-f Wifi
16GB ram

I'm running into problems with blue screen error called 'Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and another called CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT'. I get these errors when i'm downloading certain games or software, otherwise it doesn't occur randomly.
I've tried updating drivers, troubleshooting and deleting some software/apps which might've caused the issue but to no vain. I do still run the trail version of Win10, so could buying a license and getting a legit OS help with this issue?
Looking for advice and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Solution
What is the make/model of the power supply? Also might want to give this a read. As long as your windows install is a fresh install, using microsoft's media creation tool, with the latest revision, then not having a license won't matter. If you tried installing windows with a very old revision, it will cause you problems. I experienced that, when I first bought my 3700x.

logainofhades

Titan
What is the make/model of the power supply? Also might want to give this a read. As long as your windows install is a fresh install, using microsoft's media creation tool, with the latest revision, then not having a license won't matter. If you tried installing windows with a very old revision, it will cause you problems. I experienced that, when I first bought my 3700x.

Solution