new rig problems

n_w_a

Reputable
Feb 6, 2018
So I brought a new rig, it has a 8150 and a hd 5770, I got told it had a mobo problem I brought a new mobo, and ram. and still no display then I put in my gt730 and no display what could be causing this. my hd 5770 just idles at a low fan speed, then speeds up for 4 seconds and slows down.

Solution
The CPU should work on new motherboard since the bios support version is from F1.
Try to boot PC with single stick of ram and GPU (GT 730).

If it still doesnt wanna boot, do the Clear CMOS,
Switch PSU off then unplug it from wall, then remove shiny battery (known as CMOS battery), switch PSU to on (dont plug it in into wall), then press and hold power button for around 30s~, then stick the battery back, switch PSU off then plug it into wall then switch it on and try to boot the system atleast into bios (note: Disconnect everything from sata ports, usb ports except monitor).
That indicates that PC is restarting.
Now he could give you bad CPU after all.
Well you can return it to him and get back money or keep it and troubleshoot it.
Which ram sticks are in question?

Which motherboard is "New" one? Since if its older model and not updated it probably cannot support the CPU.

n_w_a

Reputable
Feb 6, 2018

Ram is some Samsung 1600mhz 16gb stick, I can't return it as they have left the country that's why they were selling. Motherboard is GIGABYTE GA-970 A-DS3P FX Mainboard AMD ATX Motherboard - Black

The CPU should work on new motherboard since the bios support version is from F1.
Try to boot PC with single stick of ram and GPU (GT 730).

If it still doesnt wanna boot, do the Clear CMOS,
Switch PSU off then unplug it from wall, then remove shiny battery (known as CMOS battery), switch PSU to on (dont plug it in into wall), then press and hold power button for around 30s~, then stick the battery back, switch PSU off then plug it into wall then switch it on and try to boot the system atleast into bios (note: Disconnect everything from sata ports, usb ports except monitor).

Solution