Question New rig stuck on 1 long beep, 3 short beeps

jclaumann

Honorable
Dec 22, 2018
In short:
I just got the new components for my new rig, I built everything and it doesn't even shows BIOS.
I get one short beep, that seems to be normal, my current PC does that short beep as well when turning on, but after a short period I get 1 long beep, 3 short beeps.
No BIOS Screen, no reset, no nothing.

What I did:
My motherboard manual says to use slots 2 and 4, while using 2 and 4 I get the 1 short beep, nothing for a short moment, 1 long beep 3 long beeps.
I swapped the slots, I used 1 and 3, with this setup I get only 1 long beep and 2 short beep, which should be GPU related, at the moment I have no GPU only a CPU with integrated graphics.
I removed the memories and tried turning it on as well, same result as above, only 1 long beep and 2 short beeps.
I tried only one RAM stick on slot 1 and got 1 long beep and 2 short beeps.
I tried only one RAM stick on slot 3 and I get 1 short beep, nothing for a short moment, 1 long beep 3 long beeps.

After that I tried updating the BIOS, seeing it had lots and lots of versions, I updated the bios and the results above continued.

Is there anything I missed? Can you guys suggest another test that could guide me to the answer?
Thanks in advance.

The components:
Motherboard - Asus ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI
CPU - Ryzen 7 7800X3D
RAM - 2x Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 32GB 5600MHz
PSU - Cooler Master MWE GOLD V2 1050
Storage - M.2 + SATA SSD
No GPU.

Lutfij

Titan
Inspect the CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins.

Can you pass on a link to the ram kit you're working with?

After that I tried updating the BIOS, seeing it had lots and lots of versions, I updated the bios and the results above continued.
What BIOS version did you flash to?

How are you cooling the processor on that platform?

jclaumann

Honorable
Dec 22, 2018
Inspect the CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins.

Can you pass on a link to the ram kit you're working with?

What BIOS version did you flash to?

How are you cooling the processor on that platform?
About the CPU's pins:
I had a look and it seems to be all fine.
----
About the memory:
I am not exactly sure on the CAS Timing but I searched the model ID and got this link from corsair:
corsair.com/us/en/p/memory/cmh64gx5m2b5600z36/vengeance-rgb-64gb-2x32gb-ddr5-dram-5600mt-s-c36-memory-kitoptimized-for-amd-cmh64gx5m2b5600z36

The packaging says it is "for AMD", probably because of the "AMD EXPO", but still, should work fine with AMD.

Another detail, the packaging says nothing about it but the store page has "C-40" on it, so I guess that stands for CAS Timing 40? I can't be sure.

The memory model is "CMH64GX5M2B5600Z40K"
-----
About the cooling:
I am using a Water cooler Master liquid ML360.
The fans are spinning and the water seems to be flowing.

One little detail that might or might not be useful, when testing with the RAM Sticks on the slots ASUS says to use I get shutdown response immediately when I press the power button.
When I use the RAM Sticks on other slots, like I did on my tests, the computer doesn't shut down when I press the power button, I have to hold the power button so the power is cut.

Just in case you ask, I did wait with the power on for a while, just in case it was one of the "self calibrations" routines that usually happens after BIOS update where the PC restarts a few times before it is ready to go.

jclaumann

Honorable
Dec 22, 2018
About the CPU's pins:
I had a look and it seems to be all fine.
----
About the memory:
I am not exactly sure on the CAS Timing but I searched the model ID and got this link from corsair:
corsair.com/us/en/p/memory/cmh64gx5m2b5600z36/vengeance-rgb-64gb-2x32gb-ddr5-dram-5600mt-s-c36-memory-kitoptimized-for-amd-cmh64gx5m2b5600z36

The packaging says it is "for AMD", probably because of the "AMD EXPO", but still, should work fine with AMD.

Another detail, the packaging says nothing about it but the store page has "C-40" on it, so I guess that stands for CAS Timing 40? I can't be sure.

The memory model is "CMH64GX5M2B5600Z40K"
-----
About the cooling:
I am using a Water cooler Master liquid ML360.
The fans are spinning and the water seems to be flowing.

One little detail that might or might not be useful, when testing with the RAM Sticks on the slots ASUS says to use I get shutdown response immediately when I press the power button.
When I use the RAM Sticks on other slots, like I did on my tests, the computer doesn't shut down when I press the power button, I have to hold the power button so the power is cut.

Just in case you ask, I did wait with the power on for a while, just in case it was one of the "self calibrations" routines that usually happens after BIOS update where the PC restarts a few times before it is ready to go.
Oh, and I forgot about the BIOS version, I used "PROART X670E-CREATOR WIFI BIOS 2007", latest oone I coudl find on: asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/proart/proart-x670e-creator-wifi/helpdesk_bios?model2Name=ProArt-X670E-CREATOR-WIFI

jclaumann

Honorable
Dec 22, 2018
I found the problem...
I tested it using two monitors, turns out both monitors had the HDMI damaged...
I borrowed another monitor and the BIOS showed up...

On the BIOS I turned off the on board GPU and installed a borrowed 1060, now it is working like a charm.

Reactions: Vic 40