Question New RTX 2060 Not Working

axcheung0123

Commendable
Mar 2, 2018
I recently bought a new Rtx 2060 for my PC. However, my computer does not post, and I am having a hard time trying to figure out the problem. I have tried using only one ram stick in every slot with both ram sticks, my old 1050ti doesn't work when I install it back, I have tried resetting the cmos by both taking out the battery and using the pins, and it still doesn't work when I take everything out of the case. I uninstalled my old 1050ti drivers and installed the 2060 ones before I installed the new gpu, and my friend told me that it might be the problem. If it is the problem, how do I fix it? I also don't have a motherboard speaker so I don't have really anything to go off of.

My specs: (Old GPU is a 1050ti)
Ryzen 5 2600
Asus b-450m
2x8gb Ram
Seasonic Focus Gold 750W

IBeats

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
I recently bought a new Rtx 2060 for my PC. However, my computer does not post, and I am having a hard time trying to figure out the problem. I have tried using only one ram stick in every slot with both ram sticks, my old 1050ti doesn't work when I install it back, I have tried resetting the cmos by both taking out the battery and using the pins, and it still doesn't work when I take everything out of the case. I uninstalled my old 1050ti drivers and installed the 2060 ones before I installed the new gpu, and my friend told me that it might be the problem. If it is the problem, how do I fix it? I also don't have a motherboard speaker so I don't have really anything to go off of.

My specs: (Old GPU is a 1050ti)
Ryzen 5 2600
Asus b-450m
2x8gb Ram
Seasonic Focus Gold 750W

What is your bios version?

Also, make sure you inserted the right power connector (2+6 PCIe) not ATX12V (4+4)

Last edited:

axcheung0123

Commendable
Mar 2, 2018
What is your bios version?

Also, make sure you inserted the right power connector (2+6 PCIe) not ATX12V (4+4)
I don’t know which bios version I have and I haven’t updated it since getting the motherboard. I have made sure that all the cables are correctly connected and it still doesn’t work.

IBeats

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
I don’t know which bios version I have and I haven’t updated it since getting the motherboard. I have made sure that all the cables are correctly connected and it still doesn’t work.

You can go into your bios and look for the version number

What is your actual motherboard model? because there are many different variants and revisions