Question New RX 6700XT installation but no signal?

Dec 9, 2022
I'm upgrading from a 5500xt to a 6700xt and while there's no problem with the 5500xt, when I plug in the 6700xt it appears with no signal on the monitor. I've tried resetting the cmos, restoring motherboard to defaults, re-seating ram, checking power connections, using ddu to clear old driver, got a new hdmi 2.1 cable, I even updated the bios with no luck. Any feedback or solutions would be appreciated, thank you.

System specs:
Cpu- intel core i7 9700kf
Motherboard- ASRock fatal1ty b360 gaming k4
Memory-silicon power gaming 2x8 ddr4 3200
Gpu-asrock 5500xt/6700xt challenger
Psu-rm750w 80+ gold

Dec 9, 2022
Does the BIOS have an option to set graphics to PCIe/PEG only? I’d try that in case it is confused and trying to output to a non existent iGPU.
No I couldn't find that. The only somewhat similar setting that I could find would be the primary graphics adapter setting but that is already set to pci express

Dec 9, 2022
I had the same problem, i used DDU and reinstalled my amd drivers. It fixed the issue but i had to do it multiple times and im unsure if it was pure luck or not but thats how i got mine fixed

Dec 9, 2022
I had the same problem, i used DDU and reinstalled my amd drivers. It fixed the issue but i had to do it multiple times and im unsure if it was pure luck or not but thats how i got mine fixed
Do you remember about how many times you had used ddu? I've tried about 4 times now and I'm having to use both cards in the system since I don't have an igpu and it's still only detecting the old 5500xt. Ik you said you weren't sure if it was a fix or luck but I'm just curious as to how many times you had tried ddu. Thank you for the response btw I appreciate it very much.

Do you remember about how many times you had used ddu? I've tried about 4 times now and I'm having to use both cards in the system since I don't have an igpu and it's still only detecting the old 5500xt. Ik you said you weren't sure if it was a fix or luck but I'm just curious as to how many times you had tried ddu. Thank you for the response btw I appreciate it very much.
Is the 6700xt brand new?

im running RX 6800 and in bios advanced settings under AMD GOP driver im able to change which display output to use, with nvidia i never saw anything like that
but without igpu you wont be able to get into bios to change things...

so your best bet would be turning on CSM compatibility mode

Dec 9, 2022
You plug in the extra GPU power cable?
Yes, I've made sure all 16 pins are plugged in and I've tried each 6+2 with my 5500xt to ensure that they're functioning. I'm not really sure what else the problem could be other than the card itself. I'm going to try it in a different system tomorrow to see if it works and if it doesn't then I'll replace the card because I'm not sure what it else it could be.

Dec 9, 2022
im running RX 6800 and in bios advanced settings under AMD GOP driver im able to change which display output to use, with nvidia i never saw anything like that

Ok thank you for the advice, I'll try it right now and see if it does anything.

Dec 9, 2022

Sadly this did not work either. As said in going to try and see if it works in a different system, thank you all for your helpful advice.

Dec 9, 2022
So both cards are installed, using 2nd slot for 5500xt i presume? have you tried only 6700xt in 2nd slot?

Not using riser cable by any chance? 6700xt might not like that.
I've tried interchanging both the cards in the first and second slots but that didn't work either, and no I'm not using riser cables. I'm using the standard pcie cables that have the dual 8 pin connectors. I'm on windows 11 right now and I'm going back to windows 10 right now to see if that could somehow magically do anything.

Dec 9, 2022
i think i tried it about 4 times but while doing DDU i did try other basic troubleshooting like unplugging my DP cable and re-plugging it, reset CMOS by taking out the battery etc etc

But my friend had the same issue not that long ago and he just used DDU and and it fixed itself first try, maybe try different drivers or something try PRO, try Adrenaline and or Adrenaline Optional