Question New Ryzen 5950x build not booting

Dec 7, 2020
I recently built a new PC, using an Asus X570 Gaming-E motherboard and a Ryzen 9 5950x CPU, but it doesn’t want to boot at all.

The RGB motherboard lights are on when the power is turned on, however pressing the power button on the case does not have any effect on the system and the indicator LED on the power button does not turn on.

I have tried:
  • Reinstalling all cables
  • Attempted flashing-back the BIOS from USB to a newer version (thought I might need to do this to support 3rd series Ryzen)
  • Using the breakout cables for the Fpanel sockets (and made sure they were plugged in exactly as listed by the manual)

If there is anything anyone can think of trying without needing to buy new components to test their reliability which I can’t really do right now, then please let me know 😊

Thanks, and if you need any more info I’ll check my thread a few times a day.

Dec 7, 2020
Thanks for your reply - last night only the motherboard was lighting up, and so today I tried reseating the CPU, mounting the cooler pump less tightly, and using only 1 ram stick of RAM and the PC now thankfully boots into BIOS.

Hopefully I don’t run into any further issues, but I assume it was reseating the CPU that allowed it to start working.