Question New SSD & Cable

Kryloc

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2013
I have an ASRock 970m Pro 3 motherboard and I connected a pny 1tb ssd. It does not show in bios or disk management and ther is NO unallocated space showing up.
The cord is brand new. I checked to make sure the cords are properly connected to the motherboard and power supply.
The CPU is AMD FX8350 AM3+ socket type.
Any help please
Kryloc (Troy)

USAFRet

Titan
I have an ASRock 970m Pro 3 motherboard and I connected a pny 1tb ssd. It does not show in bios or disk management and ther is NO unallocated space showing up.
The cord is brand new. I checked to make sure the cords are properly connected to the motherboard and power supply.
Any help please
Kryloc (Troy)
Often, use of a drive in an M.2 port will disable one or more SATA III ports.

Move the data cable for this new drive to a different port.

Kryloc

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2013
Often, use of a drive in an M.2 port will disable one or more SATA III ports.

Move the data cable for this new drive to a different port.
This is an older system. It does not support M.2. I should have said it was a 2.5" sorry for the confusion.

Kryloc

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2013
This is an older system. It does not support M.2. I should have said it was a 2.5" sorry for the confusion.

Any help please
Kryloc (Troy)
Proper bios?

Test the ssd in another pc.