New SSD, Low FPS

RobotBo

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
Got a Samsong 840EVO 250gb ssd and a new 2 tb western digital hard drive and did a fresh install of everything.

Just finished downloading windows updates and the newest graphics driver and 2 games
chivalry and csgo
before the fresh install I would get at least 120 fps in csgo but now I am only getting 40-50 most of the time.
My boot times are amazing but game performance is down and am stumped

Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 770 2gb
CPU: AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core Processor 4.1 ghz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Storage: 250 gb ssd, 2 tb hdd
Motherboard: AsRock 970 extreme3
Motherbaord drivers: AMD all in 1 driver ver:12.3
Nividia Driver: version 347.09

RobotBo

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

I am using all the same settings, I did install afterburner and checked cpu and gpu usage while getting low frames.
they were both below 60% while playing.

RobotBo

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

I agree, I believe that it has to do with drivers but I am not sure from where. I have the latest Nividia graphics drivers installed (Version: 347.09 as of 12/28/14) and am not sure what to look for or install

RobotBo

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
Just an update, while playing CS:GO, sometimes I will get 200 fps and sometimes get as low as 40 for a few seconds.
just completed all of the windows updates and still looking some stability.

with my old hard drives I would get at least a solid 100 almost all the time, never going below 60 fps in csgo

RobotBo

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

That is most definitely not the problem, look at the specs of the pc.
Before the ssd it was running perfectly

RobotBo

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

Well, obviously you think that I am some form of retarded. The SSD is new. never had one before. Got ALL new driver. And ALL new settings. The settings are the same. I only was talking about the SSD because that was the only thing that I can think of that changed. lets get this straight, for the most part I know what I am doing. I am just looking for 1 missing piece of info that is causing my frames to fluctuate

RobotBo

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

No, No, and sorry, no. This is my first post only because I have look just about everywhere and nothing seems to be working

EDIT:
But my overclocks are still there because they were bios, I think it is drivers but i cannot figure out which one, and what SSD instalation were you talking about?

OK - the fresh install then. I gather you then ran the motherboard drivers and utilities disk and installed all the drivers. And you re-downloaded the graphics card drivers.

Afterburner would contain your GPU overclocks. You'd have to redo them.

If you installed your mobo's uefi bios software, it would need to be reconfigured to replicate any overclocks you had on the CPU.

RobotBo

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

Thanks for the responses, I did download the freshest motherboard drivers from the website. My GPU was not overclocked before the fresh install and my cpu overclocks are still there, just checked

OK.

Are game settings saved to your PC or to space in your game account on line?

And you said you have since updated the graphics card drivers. Do you save them to the SSD or to the hard drive?

I save as much as I can to my hard drive to help prevent my 120gb SSD getting too full.

RobotBo

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

So far, everything game related is saved to the SSD

RobotBo

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I did fix it. After many hours of searching I found nothing that helped.

So I ended up just re-installing windows and wiping all drives once again.

it worked.

I don't know what was wrong or what driver got mad at me but I don't really care anymore