Question Is Ryzen 5 5600G's iGPU better than XFX AMD Radeon RX 570 RS 4GB XXX Edition?

Mar 19, 2024
Hi guys,

I recently installed a new B550M motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 5600G CPU on my nephew's PC. I've noticed that the specs of that CPU's iGPU mentions a graphics frequency of 1900MHz. Does that mean it has a better graphics performance than his XFX AMD Radeon RX 570 RS 4GB XXX Edition GPU which only has a max boosted clock speed of 1264MHz? I'm really confused about this. Can anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks.

Bill-X

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No, frequency is only part of it. How many processing cores the GPU has, its memory system, etc. In the case of integrated graphics the memory system is the system memory, which is much slower than typical GDDR5 and GDDR6 found in discrete graphics cards.

Basically the iGPU on a 5600G is lik 8 Vega cores. They used to make Vega 56 and 64 discrete GPUs.

The RX570 is newer technology. It has 2048 stream processors. Vega 8 only has 512 stream processors. So even if they were directly comparable the RX570 would still be 4 times as fast, in practice it is much faster because it has its own local memory and is newer.