New SSD not showing up in Device Management, but in BIOS

trolleyman

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
My setup:
Disk 0: 2TB Hard Drive (Contains Windows etc.) at 200GB
Disk 1: 2TB Hard Drive (Contains other files) at 950GB
New SSD: 512GB Crucial MX100 (www.dabs.com/products/samsung-1tb-840-evo-series-sata-6gb-s-2-5--solid-state-drive-8WCN.html?refs=52780000&catid=15004&src=2)
Motherboard: MSI with Click BIOS 2
Model: Advent DT2412
CPU: Intel i7 3770 3.4GHz

I have added the SSD onto my system in SATA port 6. It shows up in the BIOS, but not in Device Manager, or in Disk Management. I would like to move Disk 0's contents over to the new SSD and have Windows booting off of that, but I currently can't see it. I assume that this has something to do with IDE / AHCI, but I don't know how to change these from the BIOS, or even why it is like this. Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

PS: My BIOS info:
BEczNhC.jpg

As you can see, the SSD is in the 6th SATA port.

trolleyman

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014

So I tried running FixIt, and restarted, but that didn't work. However, I noticed that there is an unknown device in Device Manager that looks like this:
JmzL4Oc.png

I am assuming this to be the SSD, so the problem is that I need the drivers. Do you know where these are? I have tried http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-ssd but it doesn't have MX100 anywhere in the firmware list.

trolleyman

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
Ok, so what I had to do was uninstall my Intel ATA Driver (And delete it entirely) & reboot. Windows automatically reinstalled the standard driver which works fine. (I assume because it supports AHCI or something like that)