[SOLVED] New SSD showing in BIOS AND Device manager but not in disk manager

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 19, 2020
Hi guys,
I bought a new internal samsung EVO 860 GB 500 SSD, Yet after i plugged it in it wouldnt show in disk manager.
I currently have another samsung ssd and a HDD
It is correctly plugged in, and does show up in device manager and in the BIOS.
But yet i can locate it in disk manager.
I read other forums, they said use other software. In Samsung magician and Minitool partition wizard it doesnt show either.
pmyMzuTOp
pmEa9P3Cj
pnd9T2VDp
pnC47aDTj

The SSD should work since it does show as an available SSD, but i just cant add it as a volume in drive manager.
I really hope someone could help me with this one :)

Solution
Hi guys, thanks for the help!
the solution was indeed the storage spaces pool.
For some reason it created a storage pool with another drive, because of this it wouldnt show up in Disk manager.
I deleted the storage pool and then it showed up again.
now i can make a new volume with this disk,
Again thankss!
Apr 19, 2020
actually the story spaces is showing me something new, i will send a screenshot, i hope that its the right one.
pnxIz4gtp

Here it does show the new drive!
idk why it sais 256 of 465gb used tho, what should i do next

Apr 19, 2020
Hi guys, thanks for the help!
the solution was indeed the storage spaces pool.
For some reason it created a storage pool with another drive, because of this it wouldnt show up in Disk manager.
I deleted the storage pool and then it showed up again.
now i can make a new volume with this disk,
Again thankss!

Solution
Dec 1, 2020
I've read through all of these posts and it seems that this will be the solution for me, however, my storage spaces tab will not let me delete the pool

Jul 1, 2020
Open your search bar in windows, and enter /cmd.

Enter "diskpart", and click enter

Enter "list disk" and click enter

It should list all connected and supported drives. If your drive isn't there, then you most likely have something disabled in BIOS. If it is there, then you have a driver issue. We can troubleshoot further from here.
Sorry for reviving this but similar issue, but I did list disk and I think I see it there.
It is also in device manager, and somewhere in BIOS (not sure if it lets me set it as a boot, I forgot), but it's not in Disk Manager