New System Build : Building One

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
OP? lol i gotta ask one more thing...could i somehow run 3 video cards at the same time?!?? Cuz if it can... w00t w00t! I also gotta say u guys stated before that Crysis Can't be run at VERY HIGH settings...but if i were to overclock... btw i heard that water cooling systems suck cuz they can create algae? Thanks guys!

tlmck

Distinguished

Try 2 years.! That is the current estimate floating around.

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
REALLY?!?!? HOLY ****! Damn it...sigh...I'm going to be running a **** computer for a while...**** beta testing! ARGH!

tlmck

Distinguished

The really funny part is that in 2 years, today's highest end hardware probably won't run the future Crysis video cards.. We'll all be upgrading right into the poor house! :lol:

chiltonj

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007

Not sure how this defeats the purpose of the thread when a) you have the same Alien post all over the place on the forums and b) the person said "...and building myself". Alien isn't something you build.

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
True He has a point Alien Isn't something to build... But I gotta say... Crap if there all ABSOLUTELY no video cards to run Crysis VERY HIGH... Then I'm going to be sad... So there's absolutely NONE?!

tlmck

Distinguished
Actually I took the point of the thread to be, "I wanna waste a boatload of cash". If your gonna waste $10k, why not $15k?

I posted the Alien reply in one other similarly ridiculous thread.

chiltonj

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
I don't know your financial situation but if a) you are wealthy through yourself, parents or whatever, AND you have great investments for a long happy life, then buy what you want and spend $10K on a supercomputer. b) you saved the cash just for a computer to play Crysis on high settings, well, you probably need to readjust and rethink some things.

I don't know much about Crysis but why don't you just contact the creators and the engineers who designed the game and find out exactly what the requirements are to play the game in high settings? I'm guessing it will take less than $10K. Perhaps the game maker did this on purpose to use as a chase the carrot kind of trick. Perhaps there is something they know that can be tweaked. I don't know if people have tried this already so I'm just throwing out ideas.

Personally, b/c I am not wealthy but could afford to spend $10K on a system, I'm building a $2,500 machine and leaving the rest in my retirement, savings and other investment accounts.

Good luck.

MikosNZ

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
Kinda pointless to aim for such a high end system with a 21 inch screen... You dont need that much horsepower for a screen that size. If you have 10K to spend you should be looking at 24-30inch screens and then you really will need a powerful SLI system.

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
Thanks I got money but i just want a good GAMING comp .. Cuz I'm cool like that ROFL. But I gotta say... I need a good computer , and could perhaps could i OVERCLOCK and get the VERY HIGH Settings i need?!