New System Build NEED HELP!

Mitsukaixx

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
I Need some help coming up with a new system. I have a 850-900 Budget, and I want the computer to be used for gaming and some video recording of gaming.

I need everything except a mouse and headset,

Parts Needed:
-Case
-Monitor
-Keyboard(probably gonna get the logitech g110 so factor that price in)
-CPU
-Mobo
-GPU
-Ram(probably gonna get 8 gigs of g.skill ripjaws)
-HDD(Western Digital Black 1TB probably)
-CDD(prob just somehting cheapish since they are not used much anymore)
-Power Supply
-OS(Getting Windows 7 obviously, but factor that into price)

I think thats it.

The computer i wanna be able to play games for the future for a little while, and still have it upgradeable. Best bang for buck, and doesnt matter if intel or AMD CPU, I would prefere nvidia cards though not radeon. I am not worried about overclocking, or dual carding.

Sites to be used basically Newegg.com and Amazon.com stuff like that.

Thank you for any and all help in advance!

Solution

For $1200, this is what I'd get: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ocer

Edit - Sorry, no monitor or keyboard on that build because I forgot that you needed them. If you dropped the video card down to the 7870 then you could apply the savings to a monitor like the...

JMer806

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
Honestly, it's going to be pretty difficult since you're buying a monitor, keyboard, and OS - that's more than 20% of your budget even with a budget monitor.

Here's what I'd pick: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/o1eh

I used the same graphics card and MOBO as TheBigTroll but changed a few other things... went with an Ivy Bridge i3, a bigger Caviar Blue HDD, a 600W power supply. If I didn't have to spend the money on the monitor and keyboard, I would've put in a bigger PSU and a full ATX board along with maybe a slightly more expensive case. I managed to keep you just barely under budget at $888.

yeah i have

-a better power supply (that can supply more usable watts)
-a much better case
-a better monitor
-and a much more powerful CPU. you will need it for bf3 multi-player

heavymetal2000

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2012

That's more a matter of personal opinion then actual fact since lots of people game with FX and love it. Im pretty sure OP just wants suggestions for a build that will do what he wants.

Mitsukaixx

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Indeed I do, and im loving the feedback, I will double check with the OS might have one laying around or one of my buddies might have an unused key. Keyboard I can get pretty cheap, monitor is unforunate but needed. Mouse is not needed at this time.

And Please by all means show me some builds over budgest in the 1000-1200 range. I may be able to just save up for a little longer, or might end up with some cash for christmas who knows

So I would like to see both if possible.

if a pentium g630 matches a fx 8150 in games, they are terrible at games

JMer806

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012

For $1200, this is what I'd get: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ocer

Edit - Sorry, no monitor or keyboard on that build because I forgot that you needed them. If you dropped the video card down to the 7870 then you could apply the savings to a monitor like the one TheBigTroll recommended.

Solution