[SOLVED] New System crashes every game

May 5, 2019
Built new pc
32gb 3200 memory
ryzen 2700x
rtx2070

trying to play both The Division 2 & Metro Exodus everytimr i play both they crash
Windows is still running , but everytime i run they both crash both on dx11/12
updated drivers and bios and windows
it can run for an hour or a few minutes

any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks

Solution
Yes newest motherboard bios
Other PCI-E slot is not full speed so no
Tried Unigine Heaven Benchmark again for half n hour was fine again
Try the other slot nonetheless, even if it is slower speed - if there are no problems in that slot, at least you would know that the PCI-E slot is the fault and you can either see if the GPU works at full speed in second slot, otherwise you can return the board. It'll help figure out what the problem is, basically.
For Metro, if running with PhyxX Support, disable that. PhysX RELIABLY crashed my 2080Ti at certain points in Metro.

Disable any overclocks you may have set.

Rolling back several driver revisions may help as well, dependent on game support.

Disable all background video recording.

Running Discord? Disable/uninstall.

D

Deleted member 14196

OK so it’s either a hardware problem or a driver issue. Did you go to the manufacturers website and get all the latest drivers?

Reactions: davew1860
Thanks for reply , the pc still runs windows is still ok its only the game that crashes could that be psu ?
Yes, it can be, because playing a game will stress the GPU and increase load on PSU, and a defective PSU might fail only under heavy load instead of just failing all the time.

Edit: You could potentially test this theory by running a GPU stress test like Unigine Heaven Benchmark, it'll put a 100% load on your GPU, see if that causes a crash or not.

Reactions: davew1860