Question New System crashes every game

May 5, 2019
Built new pc
32gb 3200 memory
ryzen 2700x
rtx2070

trying to play both The Division 2 & Metro Exodus everytimr i play both they crash
Windows is still running , but everytime i run they both crash both on dx11/12
updated drivers and bios and windows
it can run for an hour or a few minutes

any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks

May 5, 2019
ASUS X470 ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO Socket AM4/AMD X470/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX , Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16

Thanks for help

May 5, 2019
What is the PSU?
When you say crash, explain crash, screen freeze, pc resets, stutters, can you Ctrl Alt Del?
Both The Division 2 & Metro Exodus put up a report of a crash , i have to sign out of Metro Exodus to do anything it does lofg the fault in game save

The Division 2 just drops to Uplay

Check both CPU and GPU temps while playing the more demanding games - perhaps HL2 played without crashing because it's less demanding, which either means the problem is heat, or power - so either the temps will be higher in the demanding games, or your PSU is dying.

Reactions: davew1860
May 5, 2019
Thanks for help
so if the problem is heat ot power would that mean Windows would still be ok as it has not crashed once.
PSU like everything is less than a month old

cherry blossoms

Reputable
Apr 13, 2016
For Metro, if running with PhyxX Support, disable that. PhysX RELIABLY crashed my 2080Ti at certain points in Metro.

Disable any overclocks you may have set.

Rolling back several driver revisions may help as well, dependent on game support.

Disable all background video recording.

Running Discord? Disable/uninstall.

May 5, 2019
Tried last night with changes suggested
Crashed once - Windows still running had to log out
second time graphics all corrupted then third time played ok for half an hour plus

Thanks for reply , the pc still runs windows is still ok its only the game that crashes could that be psu ?
Yes, it can be, because playing a game will stress the GPU and increase load on PSU, and a defective PSU might fail only under heavy load instead of just failing all the time.

Edit: You could potentially test this theory by running a GPU stress test like Unigine Heaven Benchmark, it'll put a 100% load on your GPU, see if that causes a crash or not.

Reactions: davew1860

ASK THE COMMUNITY