Question New system is bricking RAM sticks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jkrm

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Hello, recently I built this setup for a client:

I3-10100F
ASRock H510M-HVS R2.0
Corsair Vengeance LPG 2X8 16GB 2666MHZ CMK16GX4M2A2666C16
Zotac GTX 1650
EVGA ATX 550W 80 Plus White

The client was playing CSGO and suddenly the PC rebooted (without any freezing or bsod), and was power cycling, but never booted again, so he removed one RAM stick and the PC booted again. We tested the two slots of the mobo and both worked. We tested the other RAM stick and apparently it died. Then, today, the PC did the same thing and the second RAM stick died too. We tried everything already, clearing cmos, etc etc.. Why is this happening?

Fresh win 11 install, all drivers updated, latest bios, etc

jkrm

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
For purely testing ram, to ensure no instability, Memtest is the way to go. Once you know they are good (an d as a result the issue is solved) or not. If that's the case and you have the same issues with new ram, it maybe the mobo.

The blend test in P95 is useful for a more everyday usage type. Small ffts, purely for testing CPU stability. But in no way do the small ffts test is comparable to everyday use. It's really to find the most minuscule of instability.
Hey, one thing I forgot to mention.. I made an "overclok" on his 60hz monitor to 70hz using CRU... Could be something related to this?! I don't think so.. Right?

jkrm

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Solved guys. He bought a 165hz monitor and changed the RAM kit to another model. Or it was a faulty RAM kit or it was the overclock on the old monitor. We are not sure yet. Thanks guys.