Question New system on old Storage

May 26, 2022
Hello,

I am building a new system and plan to use my NVME drive that was previously just a storage drive on my old PC as the boot drive for my new PC. I have already taken all of the files out of it, but I don't know what steps I need to take before I can put it into my new computer as I am building it and then use it as a boot drive. Can I get some tips on what I need to do?

Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

I am building a new system and plan to use my NVME drive that was previously just a storage drive on my old PC as the boot drive for my new PC. I have already taken all of the files out of it, but I don't know what steps I need to take before I can put it into my new computer as I am building it and then use it as a boot drive. Can I get some tips on what I need to do?

Thanks
You will just need to do a clean OS install on the NVMe drive. Make sure it is the ONLY disk drive connected to the system when you do the clean install.
Here is the sticky -- https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html (Windows 11 should be similar).