Question New Wired Mouse experiencing same issue as old one.

Sep 19, 2023
So I have problem with my mouse, except I feel like this isn't a problem with the mouse itself. No matter which USB port I plug it into, hub or otherwise, it loses tracking, the sensor will flicker, it'll fail to register clicks from all 5 buttons, sometimes it'll just shoot off to some part of the display like it was just shoved, sometimes it'll register a left click without me touching the left mouse button. When my PC was under a load such as rendering a 3D space in a game or editor, it would make my speakers buzz but I solved that issue by upgrading my audio setup. At first it only happened when it was tracking in something like Unity, but now it seems to happen at random. These symptoms are all intermittent and started with my last mouse, a generic one I received from a prebuilt in 2019-ish. So I opted for a replacement, but obviously it wasn't the mouse that was at fault alone.

I've tried reinstalling drivers for the mouse, though I'm not sure I did it right. I downloaded chipset drivers and tried updating those too. I've gone into device manager properties to make sure it won't be turned off. I've done my best to make sure interference from other lines and cables don't touch or bother it to the best of my ability.

So where's the root cause of this? I'm stumped. Is it just not having enough steady power? Is my motherboard just not a fan of mice now? Bad luck with mice?

EDIT:
Sorry this took so long, I was having trouble getting the specs. I have a prebuilt so some of the information may be off- but from what I can gather, the spec list is as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core
CPU cooler: Alpine 23 Arctic 120mm Fan
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A520M-A
Ram: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 16 GB
SSD: TEAMGROUP M.2 SSD TM8FP6512G
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
PSU: EVGA 750w 80+ Bronze
Chassis: Phanteks Eclipse P400A
Monitors: Acer QG241Y, Acer XF251Q
PSU Age: Reviewed by Builder on 9/13/21, so just over 2 years old
BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. 1202, 10/22/2020

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

I'd avoid USB hubs, and work with USB ports on the motherboard alone.

Sep 19, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

I'd avoid USB hubs, and work with USB ports on the motherboard alone.
Hi, sorry it took so long to get the specs updated on my initial post.

I started having issues with the ports on the motherboard first, so I tried a hub second. My BIOS version is American Megatrends Inc. 1202, 10/22/2020.

TRENDING THREADS