New wireless PCI-E card diminishing my download speed

Ehxploit

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
I recently bought this PCI-E wireless adapter. Just for extra information, the reason I bought it was because my old adapter was only putting up a download speed of 45 mbps when I have 75 mbps. The weird thing is, my upload speed is fine it's just the download speed. I figured that the reason it was doing this was because the adapter was bad or something. So in efforts to fix this, I bought the new adapter.

However, now that I have this adapter my problem just got even worse. On speedtest.net I am only getting about 1.6~3.5 download speed. I tried downloading something from steam to see if maybe the site was being buggy but on Steam I was only downloading at about 460 kbps.

I tried updating the drivers to the most recent version made compatible for Windows 10 and still no success.

Does this mean I just got a bad card?
Are there any thing I could try to fix this?

Thanks

Solution
I'm glad you found the solution.

If the computer is a desktop (not mobile), and is next to the router (easy to cable), why not use an Ethernet connection? It's almost guaranteed to be a faster and more reliable connection than any kind of wireless.

Ehxploit

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
I'm stupid. I should have tried this earlier. The card itself was fine I was just too far away from my router. I moved my desktop right next to it and it worked fully functional.

I'm sorry I don't know how to delete/lock this thread. If a moderator could help me out, that'd be great.

I'm glad you found the solution.

If the computer is a desktop (not mobile), and is next to the router (easy to cable), why not use an Ethernet connection? It's almost guaranteed to be a faster and more reliable connection than any kind of wireless.

Solution