NewEgg Beware of Shipping

woodrage

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
Bought online via new egg. selected express shipping for a mobo,cpu, ram and power supply.

They were all shipped ground. The chat support advised that they could not do anything as it was already shipped.

Called into support to see what happened and the lady said that some items will not ship express like CPU and certain electronics.

I've never heard of this being the case from a trusted carrier. My PC is currently down and instead of 2 day wait it will be here in 7-8 days.

Not the end of the world but If you're looking to save some money and need your items in a pinch, newegg is unreliable.

On their end it's as if I never even selected express shipping.

Meanwhile, i got a case and 360mm rad from amazon in 2 days no problem.

Very disappointed.

RealBeast

Titan
Yup, sadly I too have had bad experiences with NewEgg in recent years.

I really get upset when they send HDDs banging around loose in a large box, which happened too often so I went elsewhere.

It just isn't the same company that it was years ago before it was bought out.

woodrage

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
It's not the wait so much as the standard shipping. I've worked in a UPS facility when i was young in the picking department. I hate to say it but things are just tossed around like javelins and jammed into place to make perfect walls that fit into trucks. They take pictures of these walls as some kind of reward for doing a good job....

My stuff will arrive this way. So now I'm afraid of DOA and further delays. The one time i buy online and this is what happens. Besides Amazon...and i went to newegg to save 20 bucks, what a waste.

mwryder55

Distinguished
I have always had excellent luck when ordering from Newegg. I usually get my items the next day with standard shipping. I have ordered items at 10 pm and had them in my hands by 10 am the next day without paying for any expedited handling. I might be one of the lucky ones as I live less than 300 miles from the warehouse.

RealBeast

Titan
I buy a lot of storage stuff including HDDs, generally 8TB He8 enterprise and always use Provantage. They ship fast and even if I order less than 20 in a particular order they ship them in the original 20 case packaging with lots of bubble wrap filling the empty space, just excellent service at great prices.

It's pretty funny too that I order Intel SFP+ 10Gbps cards and cables out of China through EBay and they arrive securely in about the time it would take from Newegg at 20% of the price.

Although I still use Newegg occasionally, I miss the old NewEgg, but then again I still miss 5.25 floppies and thinnet. :lol:

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello there,

I am sorry to hear about this and would like to assist. Please provide me with an order and I would be happy to assist. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,
Nicholas [Newegg Support]