Newegg > U.S > U.K?

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi, I was in the hopes that someone from the U.S can help me out here :whistle:

I wanted to buy a bunch of 9600GSO's from NewEgg. I was hoping to purchase 10+.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121320

Can you belive that there only 39 bucks? Jesus. Thats why I wanted to grab a few up before that offer ends, but the only problem is I would need someone to post them to the U.K.

Is that possible? Has anyone here tried it before? What are the steps to be taken? etc etc.

Well they aren't that cheap, they cost $63 and have a mail-in rebate which often takes months to arrive(and occasionally doesn't.) Also usually the rebate is limited to one per household so buying several would require multiple addresses. It is a great deal but the logistics of purchasing 10+ from over seas isn't something you are going to get a random person on a message board to handle for you.

CTPAHHIK

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
DONT DO IT.

You cannot ship anything internationaly without clearing customs. Royal sh*t, err mail, will hold your shipment until you pay VAT and import taxes, if any. Fedex will deliver and bill you later. DHL will hold, until you pay, and then deliver.

Overall, it will not come out cheaper as you will end up paying twice after VAT and taxes are added. Not sure what exact amount you have to pay as it varies and sometimes they just let it through.

Most electronic is US are twice as cheap as in UK. However, everything I bought (laptop, PDA, phones, digital camera) were delivered hand to hand via someone flying to UK.

If you still consider buying contact Newegg directly and I'm sure they will be able to ship internationally via Fedex.

The last processor I purchased from an out of the way and now out of business site inserted a flier in the package. Had some kind of warning about shipping certain items over seas....... hmmmmm.... something about illegalities and prison terms.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
I take it you have never had anything shipped to you through customs....or read the fine print on the rebate form....which says USA and Canada only.....and says 1 offer per household...... :hello:

I've shipped a few things, through and from customs. All I did was mark as "gift" and not taxes where charged. Thats why I asked will it work if I posted more then 10.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Hmm, thats strange. On the top it wrote that " limit 99 per customer" or is that only on non-rebate items?

To be honest, I was just wondering if anyone heres actually tried and it found it a good way to post. I mean, once again, the 9600GSO is 100 bucks here in the U.K so a $40 price tag was REALLY attractive.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Aww, I have more generious Nigeran friends then you. My Nigerian friend says he will give me MILLIONS OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :kaola: :pt1cable: :lol: :wahoo: :wahoo:

O, thats only if I give him my account number and pass code. I did it a few times, i keep checking till today but instead of money coming in... It's kinda going out. Well I guess thats just the process, his gotta take money out to put some in.

:D

daship

Distinguished
I would probably do it, after checking shipping fees of course. But like others have said, rebates are Us only and one per household.

I've shipped all over and as long as its a gift its all good.

Cost plus shipping, plus convenience fee of course.

chriskrum

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
"Gifting" ten of them is a quick way to get flagged by customs. Making a false declaration on the customs form is mail fraud. You're crossing into not so safe territory with this scheme.

daship

Distinguished

Duh, all 10 items in one box.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Yeah, the only reason I wanted to stock up on them is becuase of the fancy 39 buck price tag. But as everyone said, its only 1 rebate per household, so I guess I'll be paying the full 60 bucks for the graphics card + shipping + your handling fee. Overall, it won't be worth it, if all I did was save 10 bucks per card.

O well.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Hehe. You know, come to think of it, I think they MAY spot it from within their Xray scans. I mean, it may look a little suspicious and they may take a peak inside. Hmm.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002

As a gift to someone.............'Yes sir it's a gift, have you never heard of 10 way SLI?'

Maybe after heir IPO they will.

But even that might not change much; they opened a Canadian branch, but it never gets anywhere near the same deals as the US counterpart, either when the dollar was low or now that it's high. :??:

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

NewEgg doesn't but TigerDirect does. It's called Misco. Everything is either the same price compared to any U.K reseller or double. It's basicly a rip of place for PC buildings to go looking.

i.e NewEgg sells E5200 for 50 bucks, Misco sells e5200 for 50 euros. (around 90 bucks.) = rip off.

tydalwave

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Try finding a US Military member stationed in the UK. They use APO and can order from the states. Let them order it. Then when it gets here (UK), He can ship it to you through normal British Post. Beer would probably have to be involved though.