Question Newly build PC crashing all the time

Oct 29, 2018
Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming M7 AC
Processor: Ryzen 2700x
Videocard: (RTX 2080 TI Always heats up really bad) Using at the moment: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
RAM: Hyperx 32GB 3600

The problem is that the PC keeps crashing after a few minutes of use.
I tried finding the issue with the DMP file but there's no Minidump folder even...
Installed latest BIOS version.
I don't know what might be causing the problem, if anyone does, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Thank you!

Oct 29, 2018
Aside from the above suggestion what speed are you running the RAM at? If you are using "XMP", what happens if you turn that off and run at default?
I'm running it at 2400MHz as the max is 3600, I've run it with XMP, with 2993 and 3600 and it's still the same, after a few minutes of use it crashes, especially if I go to YouTube.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Is the RAM on your mobo QVL list?

Perhaps if you have some other DDR4 laying around you might insert one stick to see if the behavior changes?

I would make the assumption that you have already checked on all your connectors/connections to be sure everything is tight? I would particularly check the 24 pin power rail and CPU power to be sure they are "snapped" in.

Does the computer do anything specific before shutdown, like blue/green screen, or just turn off?

The above question (again) is a sound one. Any idea what temps you are running? Does leaving the side cover off the computer lengthen the time it runs? Are you sure your CPU fan is solidly mounted?