[SOLVED] Newly built PC turns on, but doesnt display or seem to POST

Mar 10, 2021
Hello All,

So I'm building a PC for my Brother in law, the fourth PC I've built. It turns on, The CPU fan and the fan using the Mobo PWM header spin, along with the LEDs in the Mobo, but I get no display and no POST codes(I have a POST speaker plugged in)
I've never had this happen before and at this point I've hit a wall with troubleshooting
Components:
  • Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
  • Ryzen 5 3400G
  • G.Skill DDR4-3000 (2x8GB)
  • Corsair CX650M
  • WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • Barracuda 2TB HDD
Ive ran the setup with only 1 DIMM, and reset the CMOS along with reseting the power cables to the mobo and CPU.
Only basic troubleshooting things that I've thought of, but I havent done is trying to start it with a DVI to the monitor instead of HDMI and reseating the CPU
any help would be very appreciated, trying to have this ready to go by friday

Ironarmygeneral

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2015
Have you double checked that all power connectors are properly plugged in?

When you installed the CPU, did you make sure it went in right? BGA processors are VERY easy to break and LGA CPU pins are very easy to break on the motherboard.

Make sure all of the above is good to go, from there make sure all your motherboard standoffs are correctly installed, make sure your RAM stick(s) are fully seated (try installing just one for now, and try that single stick in all DIMM slots to see if it makes a difference), make sure the CPU fan is plugged in and working. There are a few more things you should double check/test but start there.

Reactions: MR_BROCK
Mar 10, 2021
Have you double checked that all power connectors are properly plugged in?

When you installed the CPU, did you make sure it went in right? BGA processors are VERY easy to break and LGA CPU pins are very easy to break on the motherboard.

Make sure all of the above is good to go, from there make sure all your motherboard standoffs are correctly installed, make sure your RAM stick(s) are fully seated (try installing just one for now, and try that single stick in all DIMM slots to see if it makes a difference), make sure the CPU fan is plugged in and working. There are a few more things you should double check/test but start there.
So I pulled the mobo and checked the processor, all pins were intact, so I put it all back together and ran the DIMM in each slot, still nothing. the CPU fan spins up just fine.
I'm starting to think I have the wrong frequency RAM for the Mobo. I didn't catch it at first bc my BIL bought a different set of RAM than what I picked out for him.
"Support for DDR4 2933/2667/2400/2133 MHz memory modules " - manual