Question Newly built Pc won't start. Troubleshooting help DESPERATEE

Apr 3, 2020
Hello, I am new to building computers and I finished my first gaming build recently that refuses to display anything on my monitor even though fans, and leds (on case and on mobo) turn on. I've seen troubleshooting checklists before for why a build won't display anything on startup and have tried just about everything I saw. To help you all understand this is my build list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jXq6yk. I am aware that on Part Picker it says that the b350 chip set may need a bios update before using the ryzen 3 3200 cpu I installed. Could this be why I have no display? Anyways, sorry for posting a thread that is a duplicate of others. Thanks for helpin a brotha not lose his mind in quarantine lol.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, I am new to building computers and I finished my first gaming build recently that refuses to display anything on my monitor even though fans, and leds (on case and on mobo) turn on. I've seen troubleshooting checklists before for why a build won't display anything on startup and have tried just about everything I saw. To help you all understand this is my build list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jXq6yk. I am aware that on Part Picker it says that the b350 chip set may need a bios update before using the ryzen 3 3200 cpu I installed. Could this be why I have no display? Anyways, sorry for posting a thread that is a duplicate of others. Thanks for helpin a brotha not lose his mind in quarantine lol.
Did the motherboard box have a sticker or other writing that says it is Ryzen 3000 ready ??? If so, it is supposed to have a compatible BIOS. If not, then it is quite possible it REQUIRES a BIOS update.

Apr 3, 2020
Did the motherboard box have a sticker or other writing that says it is Ryzen 3000 ready ??? If so, it is supposed to have a compatible BIOS. If not, then it is quite possible it REQUIRES a BIOS update.
Yes it does on the box and to be safe i checked the cpu's allowed on the gigabyte website and it's supported.

Apr 3, 2020
Ok so I got the boot kit loan in the mail from amd. I installed it onto the motherboard and it turns on, stays on. STILL no display still no usb port power so I cannot even boot windows. I have looked at so many threads similar to this one but since parts are different, no luck in finding an answer. I also do not hear a beep sound from the system speaker i installed indicating that something is wrong. I have tried one stick of ram in all the slots, unplugged my hdd, only trying to boot with the ssd. Also took CMOS battery out and reset it by turning off and unplugging power supply, and touching a screw driver to the 2 CMOS pins. HELP THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY

Last edited: