Question Newly replaced RMA Ram unable to boot

nakedtons

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
I just sent my non working ram sticks to Taiwan for rma. They replaced with the same model but the version numbers are different from the ram I sent to them for rma. I inserted it into my PC but it failed to boot. Switched to my standby ram sticks and it booted immediately. Tried again and still the same result. Is it a motherboard compatibility issue due to different ram versions of the same model? What should I do with the new replaced ram which do not work? Sending it back for another replacement will incur further shipping costs. I am puzzled as it couldn't be the reason that they replaced it with a faulty ram kit as it was factory sealed or could it?

MSI MAG B550M MORTAR MAX WIFI
AMD RYZEN 7 5700X
SEASONIC FOCUS GX-750W
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM DDR4 3200MHZ CL16
GIGABYTE AERO RTX 4060
SK HYNIX PLATINUM P41 2TB
GIGABYTE AORUS GEN 4 7000S 1TB

Endre

Honorable
I just sent my non working ram sticks to Taiwan for rma. They replaced with the same model but the version numbers are different from the ram I sent to them for rma. I inserted it into my PC but it failed to boot. Switched to my standby ram sticks and it booted immediately. Tried again and still the same result. Is it a motherboard compatibility issue due to different ram versions of the same model? What should I do with the new replaced ram which do not work? Sending it back for another replacement will incur further shipping costs. I am puzzled as it couldn't be the reason that they replaced it with a faulty ram kit as it was factory sealed or could it?

MSI MAG B550M MORTAR MAX WIFI
AMD RYZEN 7 5700X
SEASONIC FOCUS GX-750W
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM DDR4 3200MHZ CL16
GIGABYTE AERO RTX 4060
SK HYNIX PLATINUM P41 2TB
GIGABYTE AORUS GEN 4 7000S 1TB
Hello!

Like COLGeek said, you could try a BIOS CMOS reset.
Push the CMOS Reset button (if you have such button), or turn off your PC, unplug it from the wall.
Push the Power On button to drain the system of any power left, then remove the CMOS battery.
Then, re-insert the battery in its socket.
Power on the PC.
See if the issue got solved.

nakedtons

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Hello!

Like COLGeek said, you could try a BIOS CMOS reset.
Push the CMOS Reset button (if you have such button), or turn off your PC, unplug it from the wall.
Push the Power On button to drain the system of any power left, then remove the CMOS battery.
Then, re-insert the battery in its socket.
Power on the PC.
See if the issue got solved.
Did exactly that. Still the same result. Looks like I may need to RMA for the second time. They probably rma a faulty pair for me.

nakedtons

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Looks like I'll need to rma the second time. I feel that it may no longer be worth the shipping cost not knowing if they would be sending a good working pair of ram.

I'll probably sell it off on ebay and get a new kit from Micro center.