Next Version of Windows Will Be Riskiest Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGPC

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I think it will be a good move.
Microsoft, just take care of your next step. Try to satisfy us The customers.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Yeah, they cant afford to make another mistake like Vista. Well I guess they can, but it will only give more leeway to the competition. Im just wondering if Windows 8 is truly is gonna be the departure from previous versions of Windows, as its been hinted at, or just further refinements like Windows 7 is.

Diverse

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
I always hated Microsoft...but I always root for them, and I always want their products to succeed. Why the hell is that?

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
I think 7 is decent. They will have to do quite a bit for 8, or I don't think people will want to migrate--just as many have not wanted to migrate from XP.

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
He looks like an infected about to change into a full grown zombie!
All that sweat!! That might have been a risky product.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
I really hope they try something new with Windows 8. If that is the case it would make sense that the product is "risky." On the other-hand, a slightly more refined Windows 7 would be a bigger risk since it will be harder to get people to want to buy it.

Could it be that W8 will have a huge focus on cloud computing? -- That would be a product I would look forward to.

Being forced into cloud computing will turn me away from Windows. I build Personal Computers...full control [over the data] rests with the user. Blizzard wants you online the whole time to play their new games; does MS expect the same to use your entire computer??? Whose interests does that serve, advertisers'? It certainly doesn't serve mine. Thankfully, CPUs are so powerful now that if I have to use an emulator like WINE to run Windows programs offline, I will. So yeah, if that's their plan, Windows 8 could be a huge risk.

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]gmarsack[/nom]Cloud, Phone 7, Kinect. Looking forward to how things unfold. Will be an interesting year a head.[/citation]

I'd like to see an xbox emulator built into windows...and wireless kinect-ish camera pods located all around the room(s).

I can care less, all I want is something that works and doesn't suck up the entire machine before I try to use any apps. I hate the fact that one has to spend heaps of cash only to keep the os from making a lag fest of any game out there.

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Sweat is good for him, it helps his liver. :)
We don't sweat much but we do like to use high performance SAS/SATA controller to offload CPU workl0ads

mrmez

Splendid
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]god damn... i was reading the article and then... WHY THE HELL DOES HE SWEAT SO MUCH?[/citation]

Want to vom.
That pic is enough to put anyone off Windows for life.

stevelord

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom] Blizzard wants you online the whole time to play their new games[/citation]

um....hello? Ubisoft has been doing this for years with their games. But at least Blizzard doesn't release utter crap.

Flameout

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
the problem with microsoft is that they have no creativity. with halo they employ bungie, with kinect they bought from an israel company, and vista was them doing their own thing and it failed spectacularly. they either buy or steal ideas. windows 7 was your idea, not microsofts

edilee

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]god damn... i was reading the article and then... WHY THE HELL DOES HE SWEAT SO MUCH?[/citation]
It's the stage lights...they will burn your a$$ up.

G

cloud based OS..... why do i picture boot from internet when someone says that..... subscription based licensing is just down the road..... think im going invest some money into google

Status
Not open for further replies.