Nine Big Air Coolers For Intel's Haswell CPUs, Reviewed

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

But when Tom's Hardware tested the copy cooler, performance was nearly identical. And Tom's Hardware doesn't look for ways to make the newer product win the performance comparison.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
I own 2 Phanteks PH-TC14PE , 1 NoctuA DH-14 , 1 Gamer Assassin , they all perform equally except the Noctua NH-D14 is a tad quieter.

Here's the Gamer ASSASSIN on my ASUS HERO build.

1zvzjhx.jpg

mapesdhs

Distinguished

Perhaps it depends on the configuration. I read other reviews where the Phanteks was better.
Plus, I used 3 fans with my setup. :D

Either way, moved on to better things. I've bought half a dozen H80s, couple of H80is, H100is,
H110 and one H100 for a P55 benchmarking rig.

Ian.

I realize that this test article is from 2013, but I hope that I'm not too late to ask a question?

Why the 100 degree C. temp limit? Most of what I've seen about Haswell suggests to not go over 80 degrees C., with a few brave souls (like me) saying that 90 degrees C. should be maximum.

Where did the 100 degree C. come from? Is it still current for Haswell? What about Haswell Refresh?

Thanks,

Yogi

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

It's the maximum before the board thermal throttles. Intel made that setting adjustable on the Haswell-E. Without that flexibility, it's impossible to test beyond 100 °C.

charlesNguy

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
Thanks for the great read, very surprised Noctua's NH-U14S came out as favourite, I just love noctua fans, very good build quality

Status
Not open for further replies.