Nixeus NX-VUE24A Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to see Free-Sync monitors getting larger ranges, especially at this price point. I'm waiting for one's that can use the full Free-Sync spec down into the single digit FPS, that way even people with entry level cards will be able to benefit from this technology.

No USB isn't a huge deal for 99% of the people and I don't think it should really be a strike against this monitor. Sure it's present on higher end models but who's to say that contributes to a monitor's worth in the first place? USB hubs are so cheap, I don't think anyone uses USB as a metric for picking a monitor.

While they did fudge the brightness number, this monitor can still go above safe brightness settings. Unless you need to burn out your eyes, most people won't even notice it.

Perplexed as to why "TN Panel" is listed as a con when in this very review it's stated that being a TN panel isn't indicative of poor quality or color. This monitor has good color, especially considering it's a gaming monitor.

thor220,
As said "viewing angles" are one drawback. As for color, the TN may not be "poor" but it is not as good as IPS (IPS has drawbacks like more ghosting though).

Other:
It should be "LCD panel" not "LED panel" in the article. It is an LED monitor but that just refers to the choice of backlight. The "panel" is the IPS, TN or other technology that filters the backlight to produce individual pixels.

Coming from a TN panel to a VA panel, i would never go back to TN. Considering recent VA and IPS panels have low response (not quite as low as TN but good enough to minimize ghosting/blur), low input lag and high refresh rate capabilities, I would say they are now preferable over TN, but a premium price is normally paid. Maybe some competitive gamers may see TN as preferable for lower response times, but i would say most gamers aren't on a competitive level and can enjoy the higher image quality of a VA or IPS panel.

DongleKin

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
If you want to test freesync at low frame rates, just underclock the graphics card until you're in the 30s of FPS.

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Unless you are professional FPS gamer who really needs very fast response times you might be better served with 27' 1440 PLS korean imports for the same price.
Bigger screen and resolution not to mention colours.

This monitor would be great if sold under $200. $350 for TN 1080p panel even with fast response time is a joke.

The Last widely manufactured overclockable Korean IPS, the QNIX 2710, has issues; one of which is being hit or miss when overclocking and getting the true frame rate you've overclocked to vs. skipping frames. It also has significant ghosting and overshoot. It's a good monitor, but definitely has compromises. "you get what you pay for" is true here.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/qnix_qx2710.htm

...it's a damn shame about overlord computers; I hope Scribby recovers. Even so, I don't think the company was going to be around much longer with the falling prices of 120hz+ adaptive sync monitors.

That reminds me... Manufacturer refurb'd Acer XG270HU's are on Ebay from the Acer store for $330 & free shipping right now. I totally bought one then posted on slickdeals :)

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010

The Last widely manufactured overclockable Korean IPS, the QNIX 2710, has issues; one of which is being hit or miss when overclocking and getting the true frame rate you've overclocked to vs. skipping frames. It also has significant ghosting and overshoot. It's a good monitor, but definitely has compromises. "you get what you pay for" is true here.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/qnix_qx2710.htm

...it's a damn shame about overlord computers; I hope Scribby recovers. Even so, I don't think the company was going to be around much longer with the falling prices of 120hz+ adaptive sync monitors.

That reminds me... Manufacturer refurb'd Acer XG270HU's are on Ebay from the Acer store for $330 & free shipping right now. I totally bought one then posted on slickdeals :)

lol, that's exactly monitor i have (QX2710). No it's not perfect but for the price i can't complain. I did not even bother to over-clock it. It's just perfect as it is for casual gaming(SC2) and great for productivity(video, photos), watching movies etc.

biohazard918

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
Unless you are professional FPS gamer who really needs very fast response times you might be better served with 27' 1440 PLS korean imports for the same price.

This monitor would be great if sold under $200. $350 for TN 1080p panel even with fast response time is a joke.

I don't know where the price checker is getting 350 dollars its currently selling for 280 usd on amazon and has been for at least the last month. And have you looked at what a 1080p 144hz monitor goes for? The cheapest you can get currently is 230 ish with most in the 250 range. I'd also like you to explain to me how you your korean monitor will fulfill my desire for a monitor with frame syncing. I guess I'm the only one here who liked what they saw when they read the review. The price is low enough that I won't feel bad if I replace it in a few years. The panel looks like something I can live with even going from my current ips monitor. The free sync window is excellent and my 290 shouldn't have any trouble driving 1080p at high refresh rates. I honestly don't see whats not to like sure its built to a price but not all of us can afford to drop 600 to 800 dollars on a monitor and an equivalent amount on a gpu. I'm just excited that monitors with frame syncing have dropped into a price range I can afford. I don't see where you get off sneering at it.

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010

I don't know where the price checker is getting 350 dollars its currently selling for 280 usd on amazon and has been for at least the last month. And have you looked at what a 1080p 144hz monitor goes for? The cheapest you can get currently is 230 ish with most in the 250 range. I'd also like you to explain to me how you your korean monitor will fulfill my desire for a monitor with frame syncing. I guess I'm the only one here who liked what they saw when they read the review. The price is low enough that I won't feel bad if I replace it in a few years. The panel looks like something I can live with even going from my current ips monitor. The free sync window is excellent and my 290 shouldn't have any trouble driving 1080p at high refresh rates. I honestly don't see whats not to like sure its built to a price but not all of us can afford to drop 600 to 800 dollars on a monitor and an equivalent amount on a gpu. I'm just excited that monitors with frame syncing have dropped into a price range I can afford. I don't see where you get off sneering at it.

Looks like price have been updated :) At the time i wrote my comment it was:$350
get yourself whatever u feel is the best for you. good luck.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
The good thing is that you can buy 3 of these instead of 2 more expensive ones. Good choice for triple monitor too if you think about it.
Triple monitor setup is gaming, noone worries there about viewing angles, colors and stuff you just want your gaming setup GG

Status
Not open for further replies.