Question no admin privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2019
ok i will try to keep it short i have a dell latitude e 6410 and i used it at the place i worked for and i.t. set it up on there domain and i had admin privileges i could add programs and uninstall programs no problem.

I no longer work there about a year and a half now and two months ago my hard drive was getting full so i installed wiztree to see what was taking up all the space and all the work programs was a sizable amount and the other was user files.

I did get my personal files moved to a external hard drive and started to see a problem. The system started to not grant access and the more i tried to gain access the moor i was denied and it will no longer allow me to uninstall programs (even programs i had installed) and it appears to be windows defender.

So i search on how to disable and it allowed me to get to the window to do so and switched it off and did a reboot only to find less options and went to windows defender and click on options and pop up access denied so this pc still runs fast and surfs perfect. dose any one have any solutions i have tried to kill power at boot up to get to repair boot to select reset to factory and would not get repair my computer.

So can i use gparted to delete the running os and restart to run the recovery partition on the hard drive?

Last edited by a moderator:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if you have a recovery partition, then starting that process to reset the pc would put it back the way it came out of the box. since it is your laptop then that means it should undo whatever work did to it.

if it is their laptop, then it won't matter as this will likely leave whatever in place they did to it.

you'll have to search dell site to see how to start the process to recover from the recovery partition. it's different for every brand and often between models it changes so no clue what you have to press to start it.

Reactions: gbw57
  1. A laptop that is a member of an Active Directory domain
  2. Laptop is no longer in contact with that domain
  3. All sorts of problems are now being encountered

The fix for this is simple. Backup all important files/documents, then wipe the drive and reinstall Windows clean. Until you do this you will have no end of problems. However, if that laptop actually belongs to your old employer then we're done here.

Mar 24, 2019
thank you for your responses yes it is my laptop i worked at a general motors dealership there is 23 technicians using 4 terminals and some times a 45 minutes to a hour and a half wait to use the terminal and we are paid on the work completed not on the clock so to speed my productivity and pay i purchased this dell e6410 from refer-bees.com and still works grate. the only issue is it will not allow me to change system settings or change user settings i can add programs and new users but once on the pc it will not allow me to remove which is amazing me that it can do this and still surfs the web and all normal and is fast the only limit is the internet bandwidth. and the it department will not give any assistance like [not my problem] so if i use gpartrd to delete the the os partition and leave the recovery partition will it boot to bioas BIOS and allow the reset to factory state? any suggestions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.