Question No audio/mic pickup after installing Nvidia drivers

Feb 8, 2020
Hey guys I recently just got a new graphics card I upgraded from the rx 480 and my PC was working perfectly fine. I just got my RTX 2060 ko ultra today in the mail and my friend told me I had to uninstall my other graphics card so I did. I used display driver uninstaller and I used clean and shutdown option (for new graphics cards) and I guess after I was done uninstalling my sounds and mic stopped working or it could have been when I installed the Nvidia drivers I honestly don't know. but iv'e already tried to install the drivers over again and repeat the process but nothing seems to work. The sounds in control panel move up and down if I go onto a youtube video but I can't hear anything at all. also my mic isn't being picked up if anyone can help me please DO. iv'e tried to uninstall the drivers and manually install them that didn't work

Feb 8, 2020
Also I know its not my headphones because I tried another pair and they still didn't work my headphones were working fine before I started trying to install my new Nvidia drivers.

Very likely, when you installed nvidia drivers, it also installed the hi-def audio that sends sound out via the video card instead of your audio ports. In Windows, change your default Sound Device back to your audio ports. In the future, when you install nvidia drivers, choose advanced as an option an do not install their audio driver portion. I personally only install the main driver and phys-x if it needs it.

Feb 8, 2020
Very likely, when you installed nvidia drivers, it also installed the hi-def audio that sends sound out via the video card instead of your audio ports. In Windows, change your default Sound Device back to your audio ports. In the future, when you install nvidia drivers, choose advanced as an option an do not install their audio driver portion. I personally only install the main driver and phys-x if it needs it.
Hey iv'e already tried to put all of these to default devices and I still hear no sound and my mic isn't working either. I can't even send a picture because it doesn't allow me to send my gyazo link... But iv'e switched all the devices in control panel to default and none of them work.