No Audio on PC HELP!!!

May 25, 2018
Hello.

I have a problem with the audio of my PC.
Processor: AMD A4 6300
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 210
RAM: 8gb DDR3
Motherboard: EMX A70fm2 + icafe

What I've tried so far:
- I already tried reinstalling Windows 8
- I have another mobo with the same Bios and Version, so I tried it in there but still I cant get a sound
- installing Audio drivers from my Manufacturer.
- Restarting Windows Audio service
- Plugging from the front audio jack
- plugging another speaker
- changing my monitor into a monitor with built in speakers
- enabling Onboard sound from the BIOS
- troublehooting but the troubleshoot cant find the problem

But still, the problem persists!

The audio icon still says "No Audio Output Device is installed".
https://imgur.com/ZXnPSuz
There are no playback devices shown
https://imgur.com/nkwtbh2
The only audio drivers shown in the Devmgmt.msc are the 4 "NVIDIA HD audio drivers". No Realtek or High Definition Audio drivers shown.
https://imgur.com/BUNNqPE

I would appreciate it if you can help me guys! Thanks a lot!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
First I think you need to get rid of the Realtek drivers for your on-baord audio chip, then replace them. So, get the proper latest driver for the mobo audio system from EMAXX here

http://www.emaxxtech.com/product/emx-a70fm2icafe/

and have them ready on some storage medium. In Windows Device Manager, find the Realtek audio device and Uninstall it. Back out of Device Manager and reboot. This will remove the old Realtek driver completely. But when you reboot, Windows will find that system and start to load the proper driver for it. Stop that and tell it to load the new driver you just got.

You should do a similar thing for for the audio system on your video card. In case you did not know, your video card has its own audio system on it so that it can send sound out on the HDMI cable to your monitor. And thus, it needs its own audio device drivers installed in Windows. Check in Device Manager to see if that Nvideia sound system is there, and try to Uninstall that, then back out and reboot. When it does try to install the device driver for that, use the CD that came with your video card to install the driver from the CD.

Now, that should get the Realtek system workable; however, it may not be WORKING. The Nvidia system also should be workable. You see, Windows can only use ONE audio output device at a time for each of three different types of functions. VERY often when you install the device driver for the audio system on the video card, the install process also changes Windows' setting on WHICH output device will be used to the one on the video card. That way you can get audio on your monitor's speakers via the HDMI cable, but the audio output jacks on the back of you computer's mobo, and the front jacks plugged into the mobo header, will NOT put out any sound. IF that's what you want - sound only through the monitor speakers - you do not need to do anything more.

However, if you want sound from rear panel jacks (for a speaker system, for example) and from the front panel jacks (for headphones?) you need to change the setting in Windows. For this, go to that "Sound" panel shown in your second link, and you should now find both the Realtek and Nvidia systems. In the Playback panel is where you specify the ONE playback device that Windows will use. (You can come here and change it at any time). Set it to Realtek if you want sound to come from the rear panel jacks and front panel; set it to NVidia if you want sound via the HDMI cable to your Monitor. You can make a similar setting for the default Recording device, and maybe another for the default MIDI playback device. Back out of this and check. Audio should come from the place you chose.

Realtek systems often use an interesting feature that allows you to change which audio signal comes out of which rear jack. But this can cause confusion and apparent lack of sound. It is triggered when you disconnect something from a jack (like, unplug the speakers from the green front left/right jack). Then it requires that you plug something in and TELL it what that is. If you don't tell it, it sends nothing out of that jack. I expect that, if you Uninstalled the Realtek system and then re-installed its driver, this system by default WILL work when you plug things in. BUT if it still does not put out sound, post back here for a more detailed explanation of how to add playback devices to the rear panel jacks.

May 25, 2018
UPDATE: i tried a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and then updated my audio drivers from the manufacturer site. The audio driver I tried to install is realtek and the installation finished successfully but when I restarted my PC, the sound problem is still there. Also, I cant see the Realtek Audio driver on Device manager, I only see the NVIDIA one. But when I checked the Local Disk C, I see the Realtek folder but it only has 3 mb worth of files.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Device Manager actually is supposed to show you the Devices, not the Drivers, but certainly that is where you can work with Drivers for each device. If your is NOT sho9wing the Realtek system on your mobo, try this. Near the top of Device manager is a row of icons. One looks like a little computer and, when you point to it, it says it will "Scan for Hardware Changes". Do that, and see whether it can find your Realtek system and install its drivers.

May 25, 2018

I tried your suggestion but the realtek did not show up. The only thing that showed up is a new sound driver from Nvidia wc is ghe Nvidia Virtual Audio Device(WDM)