George Hester wrote:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314855
>
> The solution does not work. I am signed on as a domain user with
> admin rights and CD-ROM does not autorun. Any idea how to fix this?

The AutoRun feature or the AutoPlay feature does not work when you insert a
CD-ROM in the drive
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330135

Last Review:June 6, 2005

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Yup saw that. Nope doesn't work. I do not have the reg entry they menttion
there in step 3-e. I assumed it was type DWORD no dice didn't work Turns
out this is another flaw in Windows XP. I am NOT the only person that is
experiencing this. Microsoft even has an application that is supposed to
fix this issue for Windows XP and 2003. Doesn't work either. Would you
also like to know that I did not have this trouble in Windows XP SP1 with no
security updates installed? You may think I'm a whiner but that's the case
for all reports of buggy software. Looks like I am going to have to
re-install this system again.

--
George Hester
_________________________________

George Hester wrote:
> Yup saw that. Nope doesn't work. I do not have the reg entry they
> menttion there in step 3-e. I assumed it was type DWORD no dice
> didn't work Turns out this is another flaw in Windows XP. I am NOT
> the only person that is experiencing this. Microsoft even has an
> application that is supposed to fix this issue for Windows XP and
> 2003. Doesn't work either. Would you also like to know that I did
> not have this trouble in Windows XP SP1 with no security updates
> installed? You may think I'm a whiner but that's the case for all
> reports of buggy software. Looks like I am going to have to
> re-install this system again.

Long winded and with more than the normal share of troubles with the
operating system.. sure..

Whiner? No.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan

He is a troll. Keeps on posting with fixes that he finds in the KB and pretends to dissect them.All his posts in different groups are the same ..He is not using Widows XP. He is still on 98. Just look at his properties. IE\OE is 5.50.4927.1200

--
Peter