No BIOS on screen! HELP

madmanbmw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have been working on an older system with a p 100 chip. I am pretty new at this. I am just trying to get the BIOS on the monitor and then I will move from there. I have my motherboard hooked up to the power supply with the two plugs coming from the power supply, that is it. I also have a video card in the mother board. 32megs of ram installed and my monitor hooked to the card. However, when I turn on the computer there are no beeps (no speaker hooked up) and no on screen logging. What else do i need to do? Thanks

Madison
mmcmajor@apex.net

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well are you sure you dont have your power supply hooked up backwards, you said two plugs so I am assuming it is at. Make sure you have the black wires to the inside. Make sure your memory is seated well. Make sure your voltage settings and clock multiplier are right. That should do it.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Do you have a book for your mother board? Not overly familiar with older boards but some may need memory in pairs or 4's even. And like the last guy said check that the power wires are correctly in and teh jumpers are set correctly.

<b> Fragg at will!!! </b>