[SOLVED] No boot from waking up and turning on (read)

Jul 13, 2020
My pc doesn't boot when I open it and when I'm walking It up from sleep, also I'm experiencing occasional lag/freeze.

I do find the solution by unplugging and plugging my 6 pin power from my GPU while freezing, I need to restart my pc to work on it again. Any tips and recommendations on how do I prevent this to happen?

specs:

GA-A320M-S2H V2

Ryzen 3 2200G

RX 470 4GB

Avexir Core 16GB 2666mhz

Corsair VS450

1TB HDD

120GB SSD

Last edited:
Solution
I edited it. Mb forgot about that
My first instinct would be to jump on that PSU. VS series is AFAIK lower quality than its CX series cousins, and even then some people would not suggest getting a CX series PSU. On top of that, it's a 450W PSU, basically the bottom of the barrel of modern PSUs.

But I understand that changing out PSU willy-nilly isn't something everyone can do right now. My hunch came from the fact that you needed to unplug the power to GPU for it to work, sounds like a voltage drop from the PSU to me. Plus you mentioned it was only when you put the PC to sleep, i.e. a sleep state with PSU on low power consumption. Could be the PSU isn't responding the increase in power demand in that scenario.

[psucultists] PSU Tier...

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
I edited it. Mb forgot about that
My first instinct would be to jump on that PSU. VS series is AFAIK lower quality than its CX series cousins, and even then some people would not suggest getting a CX series PSU. On top of that, it's a 450W PSU, basically the bottom of the barrel of modern PSUs.

But I understand that changing out PSU willy-nilly isn't something everyone can do right now. My hunch came from the fact that you needed to unplug the power to GPU for it to work, sounds like a voltage drop from the PSU to me. Plus you mentioned it was only when you put the PC to sleep, i.e. a sleep state with PSU on low power consumption. Could be the PSU isn't responding the increase in power demand in that scenario.

[psucultists] PSU Tier List - Power Supplies - Linus Tech Tips check out this list if you wanted to see which PSUs are recommended instead. Aim for tier B at least, some tier Cs might be okay if you can get it new and with higher wattage. Then again, lower end PSU with higher wattage might cost as much as a higher tier one with lower wattage.

Solution
Jul 13, 2020
VS series is AFA

[psucultists] PSU Tier List - Power Supplies - Linus Tech Tips check out this list if you wanted to see which PSUs are recommended instead. Aim for tier B at least, some tier Cs might be okay if you can get it new and with higher wattage. Then again, lower end PSU with higher wattage might cost as much as a higher tier one with lower wattage.

ill get on that! Thanks!