No Bootable device detected cycle

Jul 23, 2018
Please bear with me and my bad english.

So my pc is having to this issue from a long time n ut got resolved idk how but it back.
So, my pc will randomly hang n the theres a BSOD n
a screen appears saying no bootable device is detected system will enter the bios setup utility n if i unplug n then plug it again the pc starts working.
After 20 mins it doesnt the same thing again n im really frustrated. Last time i reinstalled windows but still the problem was there but randomly it was working properly n this problem is back now. All my work is stopped coz of dis. My pc is old tho. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Could be a bad cable to the harddrive. Or the channel is bad on the motherboard. If the system suddenly loses a hard connection to a device like the system drive, it can totally cause a BSOD. You can check windows event viewer to see if anything gets logged at the time the crash happens.
Sometimes, the BSOD error will have an actual meaningful error that gives some indication of what went wrong. Though I find that rare as it's usually generic.

Try plugging the drive into a different sata channel on the motherboard, if possible. Or try a different cable. It's also possible the drive is failing itself, I'd run a SMART scan over it just to be sure.

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
Could be a bad cable to the harddrive. Or the channel is bad on the motherboard. If the system suddenly loses a hard connection to a device like the system drive, it can totally cause a BSOD. You can check windows event viewer to see if anything gets logged at the time the crash happens.
Sometimes, the BSOD error will have an actual meaningful error that gives some indication of what went wrong. Though I find that rare as it's usually generic.

Try plugging the drive into a different sata channel on the motherboard, if possible. Or try a different cable. It's also possible the drive is failing itself, I'd run a SMART scan over it just to be sure.

Solution